GMU 17 Elk (Help!)

hunter101

Good Day All!

I have the 1st archery elk tag coming up in just a few weeks and am asking for pointers fellas. I have hunted elk many times, no issues there. I am familiar with the southern part of this unit but I've mainly hunted for deer in 17. Been out there these past few weeks but not having any luck locating elk on the southern end of the unit near Monticello/Vicks Peak Area. With folks that are experienced with this unit would you say that I should focus more towards the north side of the unit near Magdalena or is it safe to say that I should continue to focus on the southern part of the unit? I am driving out of Doña Ana, NM so its not to far of a drive, but not as familiar with the northern part of this unit. I've been out towards Monica Cabin and checked the area, but not sure if thats a good area to focus for archery, any help is greatly appreciated!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom