Gloves for Youth Hunter

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I will be taking my son to WY with me this year and I want to buy him a good pair of gloves. If there's one thing I don't want him to complain about while we're there it's being cold. Who makes warm and dry gloves that stay that way in cold, wet weather? Any info is appreciated.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Maybe find a womans glove that fits him well and then just add one of those hot pack type deals .......

They make those gloves with the pouch sewn in for the hot-packs..

Robb

Gee Wisz!

Here's the deal!

Depending on Weather conditions one pair may not do the Trick,so I'd buy at least one or two pairs of extra Gloves!

Ain't hard to lose/destroy/soak Gloves!

Lots of Goretex & others out there!

Problem I've seen is alot of supposed good warm Gloves can make your Hands Sweat,once your Gloves get wet your hands are gonna get cold in cold conditions!

Buy Decent Gloves & extras is my recommendation!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Good idea, B-BOPPER. I thought of buying some "stretchy" gloves he can wear and then slip some ski-type gloves over those. I also like the idea of a heating element inside the gloves as well. Thanks guys.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Lands End makes some durable cold and wet weather gear for kids and they absolutely honor their life time warranty.

We've picked up LE coats at garage sales and wanted to just send them in and have the a broken zipper or such fixed and they insist on just replacing them knowing we are not the original purchasers. Kind of the Swarovski of clothing warranties.

I agree with several pair, maybe big enough to take liners for the benefits of layering. Those heat packs are awesome. A couple for the gloves, a couple for the boots... Absolutely get waterproof and if he tends to sweat a lot, breathable.

We usually end up with a hole mess of kids in hunting camps every year
By far the best thing Iv found is heat max hand warmers inside your basic children's glove
The will stay warm for 8+ hours and they even make warmers for your feet and body
Don't skimp on them.Buy them by the box and you'll be hunting all day with a happy kid

That's the ticket then....heat warmers. How do they work? Shake them or something and they are activated or what? I've never used them.

Steve

Just open the package and take them out. Exposure to the air catalyzes the reaction. It takes about 20 minutes for them to heat all the way up. They don't get hot enough that you need to worry about burns, but put out enough to make a real difference. The half moon shaped toe warmers that stick to the top of your sock make a tremendous difference for the feet. Make sure they all have warm hats as well.

Yes you give them a good shake and play with them in your hands for about 5 minutes.The air will activate the heat.Once there good and warm you can them put them in your gloves,boots,or stick them to the inside of your shirt.
Go to warmers com and you can buy them by the box.
They sell several different models to go from your toes to your head.

Thanks guys...

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom