Globe Front Sight

CHWino_1

Mounted up and ready to shoot. What a difference compared to the single post I had there before.
IMG_20240709_115559249.jpg
IMG_20240709_115330505.jpg
IMG_20240709_115640121.jpg

I was thinking of moving from crosshairs to a single post... really hard to see crosshairs at low light. Thinking for the other close shots the insert type won't matter much

Even with an adjustable aperture, those crosshair inserts don’t work for me. I like the small fiber optic insert. And you can combine that with one of the crosshair options if you like.

IMG_6840.jpeg

I love the finest crosshair one that comes in the Lee Shaver insert kit. My newest sight set from Bad to the Bone has wrapped fiber optic, which is nice in low light but the trade off is it’s bulkier at long range.

Put the Williams sight on my kid's muzzleloader today. Took it outside and quickly realized that I couldn't see the front sight......I had her come out to see what she thought, and she said "What do you mean it's not clear? It looks awesome!"

I ended up putting in the fine crosshair and the fiber optic stacked because that's what she liked the best.

I couldn't even see the crosshairs. I'm going to have to go to the eye doctor.... again. I have to see what is going on to get the gun sighted in at least. My eyes are getting so crappy as I age.

I'm going to go sob by myself now. lol

Sweet little setup though.

PS: The screw(s) that came with the sight were all too long by ~.030 and I had to make a trip to the grinder.....

IMG_0180.jpeg

Put the Williams sight on my kid's muzzleloader today. Took it outside and quickly realized that I couldn't see the front sight......I had her come out to see what she thought, and she said "What do you mean it's not clear? It looks awesome!"

I ended up putting in the fine crosshair and the fiber optic stacked because that's what she liked the best.

I couldn't even see the crosshairs. I'm going to have to go to the eye doctor.... again. I have to see what is going on to get the gun sighted in at least. My eyes are getting so crappy as I age.

I'm going to go sob by myself now. lol

Sweet little setup though.

PS: The screw(s) that came with the sight were all too long by ~.030 and I had to make a trip to the grinder.....

View attachment 151321
Happens to the best of us. Sounds like you need an adjustable aperture to bring the front sight into focus (like I do).

Admittedly, I know very little about peep sights. Is that legal to use in Colorado?

I just need something to sight in the gun. My daughter can see the sights fine.

Admittedly, I know very little about peep sights. Is that legal to use in Colorado?
Absolutely. An adjustable aperture just allows you to enlarge or (usually) reduce the size hole you’re looking through so that the eye can focus on the front sight. It’s an aperture/depth of field optical phenomenon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom