Glendo?

dillon

Very Active Member
I applied for a park ranger job in Glendo Wyoming. I assume I have a very good shot at this job since I have been a ranger for a few years in Nevada and I am already POST certified.

I have never been north of Laramie and Cheyenne. Housing is provided with the job so I am not worried about that component of moving to a small town. Also, where I live now I have to drive 30 minutes to an hour to buy anything so that would be similar to my current situation. I love Amazon Prime shipping.

How is the hunting (deer, elk and antelope) on the eastern side of the state? I assume there is a lot of private property. I am more familiar with the western side near Cokeville. I prefer to bow hunt as much as possible. I would still apply as a Nevada resident for Nevada hunts this year and maybe try to pick up something as a non-resident if anything is still available for this fall in Wyoming.

Thanks for the info.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Like you said, lots of private on that side of the state. Take a look at the HMA/WIA hunting, that does provide some access. There is some BLM and State around as well.

You aren't far from Douglas and Casper isn't that far away either. Casper has just about every store, etc. you can find anywhere.

NR applications for deer and antelope are not due until June 2 or so this year, so if you get here by then, you can apply as a NR. There will likely be some antelope, possibly even some deer tags as well as cow elk tags leftover in the areas near Glendo.

If it were me, and I got the job and lived near Glendo...I'd have a boat and an ice auger...I hear good things about the fishing:

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

glendocat3.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

1-12-08%20006.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

1-02-08%20023.JPG

Plenty of good hunting available around where you are at. Some good draw elk hunts not to far either. Lots of private, but you'll get around being a ranger and meet people.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom