Girls Gone Wild Interrupts Religious Show!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-09 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Kind of like one of Manny's posts on here that get hijacked! LOL

MSNBC.com

?Girls Gone Wild? ad disrupts religious program
Glitch caused by required test of the Emergency Alert System, says Comcast
The Associated Press
updated 5:05 p.m. CT, Sat., April 11, 2009
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia cable network's early morning broadcast of a Good Friday service at the Vatican abruptly changed to something wildly different ? a 30-second "Girls Gone Wild" ad.

Comcast spokesman Jeff Alexander says the 2 a.m. Friday programming glitch was due to a required test of the Emergency Alert System. He says such tests are usually done in the overnight hours.

The test automatically tunes viewers to a preselected channel that would provide information in the event of an emergency. But during tests, the channel airs regular programming, which in this case included a paid advertisement for the racy videos.

Alexander says the problem affected the network's entire local area, but only one person called to complain.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30167587/

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

BS......there are a couple techs at that broadcaster still laughing their sorry asses off....that stuff don't happen on accident

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I agree- what are the odds that Girls Gone Wild interrupts that programming? Betcha someones now looking for work!!

Steve

Havent you guys ever watched TV after 10 pm those comercials come on every break. I know cause I stop fastforwarding the DVR everytime they come on. :)

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom