Gila 24 Coues Deer

elknut

Long time MMr, on my first try for Coues Deer (ever) in NM Unit 24, its a MZ hunt in late Oct. Sure could use some general advice as I'm doing my Google Earth flyovers and reading archives.

A couple of questions,
1) I have no idea what elevations I should be looking at given its in Oct?
2) Does NM (someone NF / F&G) have documented locations of man made water, like guzzlers, places I could look for water.

If a PM works better would enjoy a chat for some pointers.

I’ve never hunted coues in 24 but I’ve found them from 4K feet to 7k. If it’s warm they hide from the sun and move all day. After morning glass into the sun. Glass, glass and glass some more until your eyes hurt. I don’t know of a drinker map but they do tend to stay close to a water source. Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom