Getting Stuck!!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
A good buddy of mine got stuck in the snow drifts today not 200yds from where he got stuck last year, same time. So he calls me via crappy cell connection, "ol buddy ol pal, can you come get me out?". Wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have to 4 wheel through 2 miles of rotten snow to get there, chancing getting stuck myself or not being able to get him out. He's a good bud and well took the razzing i gave him and will deal with even more to come.

I took two 2' X 12' sections of rolled up carpet, a shovel, and 25' of good sturdy chain. Once i bumped him up on the carpet, he had traction and pulled out the rest of the way by himself.

What say you when your bud calls, "hey buddy, i'm stuck, can you come get me?"

Joey

........WHAT...WHAT...CAN'T...HEAR...YOU...BRE..KING..UP REAL BAD.. :)
498a6f395e505405.jpg

Wow that sucks man what ya gonna do to get out?
Good Luck and Great Memories

That's Funny!!! :) I didn't have it in me. Had to go help if i could! Was kicking myself on the way out there though. I was hooking er out!!

Joey

I'm out and got him out too! It would be one thing if he were after firewood, hunting, or just a place not to be bothered with his babe, but he just like to think he can make this shaded loop every year while there's still a foot or two of snow still on the road. He's just screwing around basically!

Joey

Sageman, i agree, that's exactly what i said! He still gets the razz though. That also is what friends are for! :)

Joey

The two sides to this story are,

#1...it's mostly me that they call because I ain't doing anything else anyway and

#2...as much time as I spend out in the "junk", I can't say no to others. I need the credit!

Nickman, you're right on the money on both counts! Goes around comes around!!

The phone has been ringing for work though. Looks like i'm finally going to get a decent week in starting tomorrow :)

Joey

I can't say too much as I got stuck a couple of weeks ago driving down a decent main road. There were a few mud holes where the run off had been pooling up and I just eased thru them. I came to the last one and started to ease through it, and there was no bottom to it... sunk up to the frame immediately, and the tires were just turning in air. A guy from the oil rig up the road a ways came along and helped tug me out, and then told me that a diesel had got stuck in that mud hole a few days earlier and dug out the bottom and it was all just muck!!!
Pretty frustrating to be enjoying a nice ride and the next thing you know you are stuck with no way out ... I was sure thankful for the guy who helped me out... Thanks again!!!

i had a similar situation happen a couple years ago. but it didnt involve friends or trucks...it was strangers and elk. i was scouting and heading back to the truck when i decided to take the wheeler down a skid i hadnt noticed. low and behold i run into a couple brothers who stuck 2 bulls in a nasty canyon. it was hot, they were beat, and i shouldnt have turned left! long story short, i spent the next 6 hours packing with these guys. they were nice guys. they figured the odds of them each whacking a bull the same morning were slim...but it happened and i couldnt leave em hanging....literally:) figured karma should be rolling around to me one of these years!! i left there with some cash (they pretty much forced it on me which was cool of them) and some strap meat.

Cool guys! Deepforks, above and beyond they call that! Good show!

I pulled a Game Warden out of a ditch a few years ago. I'm sure they all aren't but that guy was a jerk. After i chained to him and got him back on the road, i kidding him asked where the big bucks hung out. He responded by remembering what he was doing out there to begin with and went thru my rifle checking for a chambered round and then checked my license and tag....3rd degree!

Oh, no mention where the deer were. Still, i'da done it again.

Joey

I'd pull him out then chew his azz.

What the hell did he think was at the end of the road? 70 degree weather and dry pavement?

HEY Pro!!!

YOU GOTTA SEE HOW FAR THE F-250 WILL GO!!!

AND THATS WHY HE TOOK YOU WITH HIM!!!

HE'LL REMEMBER YOU'D APPRECIATE A SHOVEL NEXT TIME!!!

LMAO!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Karma Joey it will come back to ya tenfold that the way I look at it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Don't know - I have always been the one stuck! But have had plety of help getting out, so I imagine I would be out there post haste.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

BTW, this was another case where a winch didn't help. He had a great wench setup on his front bumper but that was the last place he wanted to go was forward.

He just called to again thank me. I said "screw that, you're buying breakfast" :)

Thanks for all the reply's guys!!

Joey

I always help if I can. Mostly because I like bragging rights when I pull someone's '09 Jeep out with my 97 Rodeo and then their mad because it's foreign or some redneck BS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom