Getting Ready ?

quest

Very Active Member
I didn't have the opportunity to put in for this years out of state trip but instead decided to use my resources here at home. I have other family members who were able and lucky enough to get a out of state tag. With the economy the way it is they are worried about gas prices and lack of deer due to winter kill. Mentally they are going over past hunting trips and making plans on where to hunt based on what they've seen out there this last year but in the back of there minds they're still worried about the winter kill. With some of these out of state hunts starting, how are you getting ready? Here's a pic I found to get your heart pumping!
57174831mm2.jpg

I didn't plan on hunting out of state this year but used my Cali points to put in and get a good LE muley hunt area. The only difference between the quality of hunt might be that the Cali area i drew might be a better hunt than most of those i might had drawn if i had put in as a non-resi. Yes, we do still have a few zones that offer pretty darn good hunting and i drew one of them.

The nice things about this hunt are being the hunt zone is only 40-50 miles away. I have already gone scouting for a week without the huge fuel cost that it would be if i drew back East a bit. I can be there in a hour or so, nice. I also drew the same area for antelope last year so i can utilize my current contacts made on that trip for this years hunt.

I've gone on many outa state trips, nothing could stop me, but for various reasons, they just don't seem to have the shine that they once did.

Joey

The deer herds are not the same as they use to be in California but there are some areas that offer a good hunt. I still have the desire to look for a monster buck and most of that desire is out of state.
6106091mm3.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom