Getting optics cleaned

T

tacticalbowhunter

Have any of you guys ever sent in your sworo spotting scopes to be cleaned? Or tri pods cleaned? If so was it worth it and how much did it cost? i think some sand got blown into mine and will need to be taken apart and cleaned.

Are you sure that sand got inside the optics, or did blowing sand pit the outer surface of the lens. If pitted, you are screwed. will need new lens or reground. Not cheap.

RELH

If you own any optics that have sand IN them, please post brand so I can avoid it.

I saw your video....you cannot convince me that you cannot clean your own tripod.

I will sanitize it completely for $200. I do all mine every year.

Ha ha i know how to clean my optics and tripod under normal conditions. Its a sworovski 80 hd angle scope and we were out on the pacific coast and the dogs leash wraped around the tripod and dumped it in the sand. On the eye cup that twists in and out has a grindy sound when it un twists. there is no sand on any of the glass just in the threads to that eye thing. and the tripod i took it all apart and cleaned it but with the legs it still has a gring sond when i extend them.

The instructrions that came with my Leica binoculars say to run them under the tap to wash them off. Seriously. I haven't gotten up the nerve to do that yet. :) I did have a piece come loose inside. Never knew what it was but I sent them off for service and when they came back they sparkled like brand new.

Take them apart and soak em in warm soapy water in the sink. Rinse and air dry, then clean the glass like normal.

That is what I do anyway...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom