Getting hitched, what does it mean for you???

rugarm77

Another thread got me thinking. To the MM who is getting married congrats. I posted this thought but wondered what ya all think of my comparison. LOL

Getting married is like buying a boat.
You are so excited the day you get it. You take it out, ride it, enjoy and share it with friends and family.

As time goes on the boat starts to require maintenance. It breaks down, has those "times" when its not feeling good so you kiss it's ass in hopes it will stay in peak condition.

Eventually after years of high maintenance and putting a-ton of time in to maintaning it you realize its time to get rid of it.

When you finally get ride of your wife, sorry I mean boat it is the second happiest day of your life.

To the smart one time boat owners we find out that renting a "boat" is the way to go from now on..

Another thread got me thinking. To the MM who is getting married congrats. I posted this thought but wondered what ya all think of my comparison. LOL

Getting married is like buying a boat.
You are so excited the day you get it. You take it out, ride it, enjoy and share it with friends and family.

As time goes on the boat starts to require maintenance. It breaks down, has those "times" when its not feeling good so you kiss it's ass in hopes it will stay in peak condition.

Eventually after years of high maintenance and putting a-ton of time in to maintaning it you realize its time to get rid of it.

When you finally get ride of your wife, sorry I mean boat it is the second happiest day of your life.

To the smart one time boat owners we find out that renting a "boat" is the way to go from now on..

My problem has always been the same with boats, trucks, wives, horses, careers,........and anything else I can "upgrade" when I get bored with the current model.

Trouble with wives, as I got older, I became less and less "pretty", so it ain't as easy to do the "upgrade" anymore. I have to keep this 4th one I guess.

Fortunately, at my age I appreciate a nice (boat, truck, etc) and they make new ones everyday!

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

My problem has always been the same with boats, trucks, wives, horses, careers,........and anything else I can "upgrade" when I get bored with the current model.

Trouble with wives, as I got older, I became less and less "pretty", so it ain't as easy to do the "upgrade" anymore. I have to keep this 4th one I guess.

Fortunately, at my age I appreciate a nice (boat, truck, etc) and they make new ones everyday!

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Expensive sex...

Truth be told; its means a life long friend and companion to me.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Expensive sex...

Truth be told; its means a life long friend and companion to me.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I'm more of a 36 month-lease kinda guy. Always have been. I like always having a new model not far down the road.

The penalties for leaving a lease early are a lot less than not continuing the payments from buying outright.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I'm more of a 36 month-lease kinda guy. Always have been. I like always having a new model not far down the road.

The penalties for leaving a lease early are a lot less than not continuing the payments from buying outright.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]Rug, you make a good case. I can tell you've put some real thought into this matter, and it may work for you. That's great!

Personally, I have my original "boat" that I got in 1968? Can't remember the exact date any more.

I've thought about getting rid of my boat plenty of times, but it seems such a hassle. Plus, even though I seldom take it out anymore, I would like to have it in case I want to. Plus I'm pretty attatched to my boat.

There was this one time that my neighbor had the most beautiful boat you ever saw. One day he was out of town and I sneaked over and took his boat for a ride. That was fun.

Also, sometimes when I'm away from home and need a boat, the only option is to rent one. Not that I have a choice.

Eel

Edit: Rug, you are talking about boats, right?:)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]Rug, you make a good case. I can tell you've put some real thought into this matter, and it may work for you. That's great!

Personally, I have my original "boat" that I got in 1968? Can't remember the exact date any more.

I've thought about getting rid of my boat plenty of times, but it seems such a hassle. Plus, even though I seldom take it out anymore, I would like to have it in case I want to. Plus I'm pretty attatched to my boat.

There was this one time that my neighbor had the most beautiful boat you ever saw. One day he was out of town and I sneaked over and took his boat for a ride. That was fun.

Also, sometimes when I'm away from home and need a boat, the only option is to rent one. Not that I have a choice.

Eel

Edit: Rug, you are talking about boats, right?:)

LMAO, EEL, test riding the neighbors boat! I guess that's cheaper than renting one for the night.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LMAO, EEL, test riding the neighbors boat! I guess that's cheaper than renting one for the night.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Right now, i'm not very interested in getting a new Boat. My problem is that my neighbor and friend has a nice boat that seems to want me to take it for a ride. This boat is a newer model that always hangs around without it's full canvas and it's easy to notice all the nice goodies inside. I'm doing my best not to covet my neighbors boat but i have found that boats don't always have their owners best interests in mind.

Joey

Right now, i'm not very interested in getting a new Boat. My problem is that my neighbor and friend has a nice boat that seems to want me to take it for a ride. This boat is a newer model that always hangs around without it's full canvas and it's easy to notice all the nice goodies inside. I'm doing my best not to covet my neighbors boat but i have found that boats don't always have their owners best interests in mind.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-11 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]eel said,

That's some funny stuff!!!

Joey, Could you please post some pictures??? LOL J/K

"i have found that boats don't always have their owners best interests in mind". LOL true that,,,

Robb, #5 is the magic number brother!!! :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-11 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]eel said,

That's some funny stuff!!!

Joey, Could you please post some pictures??? LOL J/K

"i have found that boats don't always have their owners best interests in mind". LOL true that,,,

Robb, #5 is the magic number brother!!! :)

I believe this was a bit of wisdom shared by d13er once regarding boats, planes and stuff.

"If it floats, f*@&s or flies its better to rent than to buy."

I believe this was a bit of wisdom shared by d13er once regarding boats, planes and stuff.

"If it floats, f*@&s or flies its better to rent than to buy."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-11 AT 05:42PM (MST)[p]My policy! Go with friends and enjoy his boat.

Got me thinking.... we need to define boat:

Battleship, Crusier, Party Barge, Tanker, Carrier, Pontoon, Speed boat, Canoe, Anything that floats, Jet, trawler, Tug and my favorite the Open Bow... anybody think of others?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-11 AT 05:42PM (MST)[p]My policy! Go with friends and enjoy his boat.

Got me thinking.... we need to define boat:

Battleship, Crusier, Party Barge, Tanker, Carrier, Pontoon, Speed boat, Canoe, Anything that floats, Jet, trawler, Tug and my favorite the Open Bow... anybody think of others?

Slick

My next door neighbor told me if I wanted to take his boat for a ride, that he would have to be there also. I told him no thanks, as there was only one driver's seat.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

My next door neighbor told me if I wanted to take his boat for a ride, that he would have to be there also. I told him no thanks, as there was only one driver's seat.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

What was it in "Grumpy Old Men"?

"Take the Slim Boat to Tuna Town"

A line like that ought to have a surgeon generals warning on it. 20 years later still laughing.

Slick

What was it in "Grumpy Old Men"?

"Take the Slim Boat to Tuna Town"

A line like that ought to have a surgeon generals warning on it. 20 years later still laughing.

Slick

Rug, FYI northern Nevada doesn't have much water but there are lots of places to rent boats for some reason. Some specialty boat rental shops. They are all Coast Guard inspected and come with all the necessary safety equipment.

Eel

Rug, FYI northern Nevada doesn't have much water but there are lots of places to rent boats for some reason. Some specialty boat rental shops. They are all Coast Guard inspected and come with all the necessary safety equipment.

Eel

Eel, we do have water. But, some of it is not fit for human consumption. One must be careful where his boat gets docked.

Eel, we do have water. But, some of it is not fit for human consumption. One must be careful where his boat gets docked.

I had my first boat for twenty years. It was a nice looking boat. Then we got a couple new bouys installed on the front of her and it wasn't long and my daughter caught her docking at someone elses slip. After two years of docking at different slips, I finally had to turn her in. I cost everything I had to send her out to sea.
Next boat had a nice shell on her with a nice firm set of bouys and a perfectly shaped stern. She was hard to start. Damn-near impossible after I signed the paperwork. She made alot of noise and required a lot of money to keep her looking shiney and new. Lost a lot of money on that boat too.
Now I just lease a boat that I keep at my house. I have no intensions of buying and she doesn't want to be owned. Any time I want to go for a spin she starts right up and off we go. She has a nice set of bouys that are origional equiptment. Maybe I'll keep this one.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

I had my first boat for twenty years. It was a nice looking boat. Then we got a couple new bouys installed on the front of her and it wasn't long and my daughter caught her docking at someone elses slip. After two years of docking at different slips, I finally had to turn her in. I cost everything I had to send her out to sea.
Next boat had a nice shell on her with a nice firm set of bouys and a perfectly shaped stern. She was hard to start. Damn-near impossible after I signed the paperwork. She made alot of noise and required a lot of money to keep her looking shiney and new. Lost a lot of money on that boat too.
Now I just lease a boat that I keep at my house. I have no intensions of buying and she doesn't want to be owned. Any time I want to go for a spin she starts right up and off we go. She has a nice set of bouys that are origional equiptment. Maybe I'll keep this one.

HH said If the boat has a good blower it will keep things exciting a lil longer.

HH very true!! I would love to take that boat for a ride!!!

eel thanks for the heads up agin! :)

HH said If the boat has a good blower it will keep things exciting a lil longer.

HH very true!! I would love to take that boat for a ride!!!

eel thanks for the heads up agin! :)

Longbow, What Co are you leasing your present boat from? If i new that i could get another boat that acted like yours, i might be interested as i do sometimes miss a good boat ride and i refuse to pay the high rental price for something that was so easily obtainable at no cost. You see, i used to own a marina! :)

Joey

Longbow, What Co are you leasing your present boat from? If i new that i could get another boat that acted like yours, i might be interested as i do sometimes miss a good boat ride and i refuse to pay the high rental price for something that was so easily obtainable at no cost. You see, i used to own a marina! :)

Joey

Longbow, after a couple boats it sounds like you have a keeper now! :) I think some can relate to the starting problems after the paper work is signed. LMAO, nice post! :)

Longbow, after a couple boats it sounds like you have a keeper now! :) I think some can relate to the starting problems after the paper work is signed. LMAO, nice post! :)

Ya she's been good. Took 'er up to Alaska twice this year and twice last year and she didn't make any of those high-pitched whining or growling sounds so commonly associated with men's outdoor activities. She also came with a built-in money producing feature, (a good job) which cut my boating expenses immensely. I know you might find it hard to believe, she's a rare model that's for sure.

Ya she's been good. Took 'er up to Alaska twice this year and twice last year and she didn't make any of those high-pitched whining or growling sounds so commonly associated with men's outdoor activities. She also came with a built-in money producing feature, (a good job) which cut my boating expenses immensely. I know you might find it hard to believe, she's a rare model that's for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom