gettin the itch

Stonefly

Very Active Member
My 7 year old Grandson has been watching myself and my wife practice with our bows almost every night this week. Last night he
ask if I had any bows that he could shoot with. It was really neat to take him in the house and go through all my old hunting stuff. He held up a couple of my old recurve's, and laughed at the size of the long bow I brought out to show him. But was sad when I didn't have a "shooter" for him. Well tonight I brought home a length of PVC , and after about an hour of bow making and another hour of remembering how to build a string, he was out back with me and Grandma shooting! or at least trying to shoot, LOL. Better watch out boys another smiling archer on the way.

Cool story! Thanks for setting him on the path.
I have a bunch of grandkids now and 3 of the oldest have been making the annual deer camp. It's so wonderful to see their excitement. My son has shot a couple bucks with his daughter right with him on the trail. It's fun to hear her tell the story of the great hunt! LOL
Zeke

That is awesome. My six year old started shooting a bow last year that my dad gave me when I was 5. He is fun to shoot with. I have had him with me every year of his life so far hunting right with me. Good on you and most these guys on this site for raising their kids the right way. Outdoorsman and woman are better people.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom