GET YOUR BIDS IN QUICK!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member

I own private land and the dnr told me they will give me all the cow elk tags i want. I told them no thanks. I was taught better than that.

Those prices are though the roof. Last cow elk hunt I went on in Wyoming cost me a cheap tag and a $100.00 trespass fee on a large ranch outside of Pinedale, Wy. We also paid the outfitter another $100.00 if we were successful on getting our elk. All three of us were successful.
The bison skull below was from a 1900-2000 pound bull and the horns are just under 18 inches in length. Cost was $1600 in South Dakota and we stayed in a cabin, included in the price, on a bluff overlooking the river that ran on the ranch border. After this bull I have taken 3 more bison that were smaller and far younger due to wife saying no more tough meat from a large older bull. She was right, the meat was far better from a 2-3 year old bull or cow.
RELH

000_0833.JPG

Those prices are though the roof. Last cow elk hunt I went on in Wyoming cost me a cheap tag and a $100.00 trespass fee on a large ranch outside of Pinedale, Wy. We also paid the outfitter another $100.00 if we were successful on getting our elk. All three of us were successful.
The bison skull below was from a 1900-2000 pound bull and the horns are just under 18 inches in length. Cost was $1600 in South Dakota and we stayed in a cabin, included in the price, on a bluff overlooking the river that ran on the ranch border. After this bull I have taken 3 more bison that were smaller and far younger due to wife saying no more tough meat from a large older bull. She was right, the meat was far better from a 2-3 year old bull or cow.
RELH

View attachment 61268
I've eaten work boots that were more tender than the old cow bison I shot on the Henries. I never thought meat could be that tough. Even had some cube steaks out of her that you could almost bite through until you got to the center where they weren't pounded. Flavor was great though.

Deadibob, the ranch owner where I got that bull told me if you want good tender bison meat, do not shoot any bull or cow that is over 3 years in age. 2 years is even better. I found out it was true on the other three meat bison I took. You are right about the flavor. My family will take young bison over elk any time of the day.
RELH

A Young Cow Bison that I Didn't Shoot was some of the Best Meat I've Ever Ate!

A BIG OLE Bull.........................................!:D

Bessy, I seen where some auctions just ended is that because it didn’t get a high enough bid or is it that one bid?

The alligator/pig hunt sounds interesting. That’s one I’ve never done.
But, not interesting enough for me to throw money at.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom