General unit 43 deer/bear

Jq23

I was up in unit 43 this past weekend hunting bear and didn't see a dang thing, we hunted by the methodist camp one night and to the north of soldier summit. We did see a good number of deer and I'm planning on going back up in October to hunt deer and bear. What can I expect to see on the deer hunt, as far as numbers and quality? I'm planning on taking a motorcycle because I found out last weekend that they are everywhere up there and seems like a good way to see a lot of country. I'm planning on hunting the first part of the season because it sounds like the deer move out of that unit early if the weather comes in. Any info would be great. Thanks Jared

Hunted in there 5 or 6 years ago, after a light
snow. Never saw a deer or a track anywhere.
The deer had moved out.

Hunted there last year, the eastern side. Awesome country, but as others mentioned the deer had moved out already. I was there roughly the second week of the season. Saw very few hunters, especially far back. The deer were gone. I glassed A LOT of country from a couple vantage points. I'm looking to try a different unit this year to be honest. I used to hunt the SE area of the state but that particular unit got overrun by too many folks in my honey hole now - screwed it up basically. The search for a new honey hole is on. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom