General Season Question

chasemike

Was wondering if anyone has any information, on hunting in the desert, in the general season? Will be staying in Pine, one has a disability can't walk far. I perfer the desert, no problem traveling, just never attempted to hunt Idaho deseert before. Not looking for hard information, just a general area. Thanks Mike

Unit 39. I have hunted Pine last four years. Its not my type of hunting, but that's where the other guys like to hunt, we have shot some decent bucks. I just like hunting in the desert, thats what i hunt Ca. Not alot of people. Mike

if youre looking for desert, pine is not the place. steep, nasty country is an understatement. granted, there are some areas that arent too bad, but its not desert. some good flat area you could try is east of fairfield when you cross from unit 44 to unit 48 (on the north side of the highway). my buddy killed a big nontypical a few years ago there. there are lots of roads/trails and it can be hit pretty hard with people. the thing is even though its fairly flat, most people still road hunt due to the amount of roads. there are lots of little gullies and swells when you take off on foot. get a map and head up camp creek road...just make sure you arent in 44!!

Deepforks, thanks for the information, I am going to try it. I will hunt out there for three days, see what happens. Steep country is not a issue, that's all I have hunted. 53 years old, I still get around pretty good. I have a starting point, I will start researching it. I like to track from water. I was taught years ago from a very Indian freind. It is a ##### in Idaho water every where. Thanks Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom