G'day from Australia

J

JPHunting

G'day all,
My name is Jack and I'm from Victoria in the south east of Australia.
Born and bred outdoorsman, my passion is for big game hunting.

Been hunting all my life and also now running my own outfitter/guiding service. At 23 I'd be fairly confident in thinking that I'm the youngest outfitter in the country, and so far its been nothing but happy customers so I must be doing something right.
I guide on Red and fallow deer and next year have access to Chital (axis), Rusa and Sambar. In my own time I hunt mostly reds and fallow though looking forward to chasing Rusa a bit more.
I hunt with rifle, bow and in 2 weeks when it arrives from the states a muzzleloader. Heading over to NZ in 3 weeks with my brother and a couple of mates to bow hunt tahr so looking forward to that.
I don't know if you guys get any of them over your way but I also write for one of the Australian hunting magazines.

I have a big interest in North American game and hunting and have a friend in Bozeman Montana that I'm planning on visiting next year, probably in the fall. I'll definitely be looking at getting a hunt in there for any big game; whitetail, elk, bear, antelope, lion or my favourite a nice muley.
That's in part what's lead me here. I'm looking forward to following some of this discussion and hopefully learn a few things along the way and get to know a few guys.
Definitely be interested in a hunt swap if someone would be up for it, I'm not coming over to just take a monster animal right or wrong I'm just interested in a good time and a chance at taking a representative head, preferably of a muley.

Anyway,
Looking forward to following this forum and happy hunting.

Jack
JP Hunting

7183photo_1.jpg

4398photo_2.jpg

6406photo.png.jpeg

339110201616283462532.jpg

My greatest achievement in hunting so far.

867profile.jpg

867profile.jpg

20031175332_10201153355209615_1916018961_n.jpg

WELCOME JACK.......LOTS OF SERIOUS HUNTERS ON MM, LOTS OF BS GOING ON, SOMETHING HERE THATS INFORMATIVE NO MATTER WHAT OR WHERE YOU HUNT. HAVE FUN............TAKE ER EASY...................YD.

welcome,
cool pics, watch out for sarcasm and hope you have a thick skin :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Cheers for the welcome guys,

That's all good, most of us aussies have a thick skin, we say all kinds of horrible things to each other in the name of fun!

The bigger one is a drahthaar out of Sambarman Kennels here in Victoria he is my brothers dog. The younger one is my German Shorthaired Pointer. Both pedigree and both doing very well.

We use dogs in a different way to most other countries over here I think. These are versatile dogs, needing to work ducks, quail and big game.

They've both been doing really well on their first duck season but deer is the main goal. Here we take them in the bush and use them as indicators, so basically they hunt along beside us in the bush and either point or indicate when they smell/see a deer. Takes a long time to train though.

Does seem like a good forum though, most American hunters I've spoken to are great guys and lots of knowledge as well as a bit of BS'n too, which suits me fine!

I'll try and repost the pic of the dogs after, not sure why this one didn't work.

Jack

92762014_fallow_buck.jpg

Actually just got a drahthaar pup a couple weeks ago. She'll hunt everything with me birds to big game. That's the plan anyway. Look forward to more pics from you.

Hey Jack!

Pull that Cinch up Tight & Hang on!:D

We'll just Call You Dundee!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom