Gayest City in America

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
This is kind of funny, especially when you consider what a bunch of "phobes" you guys act like and how places like San Francisco get bashed.

The last paragraph is the funniest. 17.3 gay couples per 1000 households. How many members does MM have from the Beehive state?

Do the math. :eek:

And watch your back. :)

Salt Lake City named America?s ?gayest? burg

By Rosemary Winters

The Salt Lake Tribune

First published Jan 09 2012 03:55PM
Updated Jan 9, 2012 11:17PM
Salt Lake City doesn't have the most same-sex couple households or even the most LGBT book stores, but it is the "gayest" city in America, according to The Advocate magazine.

"While those unfamiliar with the Beehive State are likely to conjure images of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, far-less-oppressive-than-it-used-to-be Salt Lake City has earned its queer cred," writes Matthew Breen for The Advocate, a national magazine for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

The survey ignores obvious picks such as New York and San Francisco to rank "less expected" places in the third annual list, using admittedly "subjective" criteria, including teams in the Gay Softball World Series and the availability of nude yoga classes to anti-discrimination protections and openly LGBT elected officials. Points are divided by a city?s population to give a per capita score.

Salt Lake City ranks high for having an LGBT bookstore, nude yoga class, a semifinalist in the International Mr. Leather competition (a men?s beauty pageant featuring black-leather apparel) and frequent performances by LGBT-favored bands Gossip, the Cliks and the Veronicas.

"If we were having a more scientific survey, I don't know that we would choose these as indicators," says Valerie Larabee, director of the Utah Pride Center in Salt Lake City. "All humor aside, I think that our city has come a long way. If we were to rate the cities that have made the greatest amount of progress over the last 10 years, I think we certainly would rank among the top."

In 2009, Salt Lake City became the first in Utah to pass ordinances that forbid housing and employment discrimination based on a person?s sexual orientation or gender identity. The city scored a landmark endorsement from the LDS Church, which opposes same-sex marriage. And a dozen Utah cities and counties followed the capital?s lead. Salt Lake City also has Utah?s only mutual-commitment registry to recognize the partnerships of same-sex couples.

The Advocate overlooked two points Salt Lake City should have earned for having anti-discrimination protections and an openly gay elected official ? City Councilman Stan Penfold.

Penfold thinks the recognition is good for Salt Lake City.

"Nationally, people just can't imagine that we're an LGBT-friendly community, and I think this really breaks that stereotype of what people think Salt Lake is like and what Utah is like," Penfold says. "It just has always impressed me how embracing Salt Lake City people are of differences in culture, and I think that works for all kinds of minority populations."

Numbers from the 2010 Census shows Salt Lake City and Utah have had an uptick in the number of households headed by same-sex couples. In fact, Salt Lake City ranks No. 3 nationally among mid-size cities for its rate of gay and lesbian couples (17.3 per thousand households). First place went to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., which came in fourth in The Advocate?s list of ?gayest? cities.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53263384-78/lake-salt-lgbt-utah.html.csp

No surprise at all. Unless you live outside of Utah, you already know that Salt Lake is full of gays and pot-smoking, tree-hugging, drum-banging Rocky Anderson lovers. We're hoping that Salt Lake will secede from Utah soon (we'll make Fillmore the capital once again). :)

I flew into SLC for a night about 10 years ago and I couldnt believe they had a strip club downtown that I could see from my hotel window. Guess I am a bit nostalgic.

>I flew into SLC for a
>night about 10 years ago
>and I couldnt believe they
>had a strip club downtown
>that I could see from
>my hotel window. Guess I
>am a bit nostalgic.

egads!

And now it is crystal clear why there are so many adds in KSL for Levis with no azz in them.
And I just thought it was old worn out cowboy clothes, from so much time in the saddle....Who knew?

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

I wish someone would strap a bomb to their chest and take out the majority of the fags at the annual "gay pride parade" they hold downtown each year...yes I'm serious, I really wish someone would kill em all!! Nothing more disgusting then a faggot except a bunch of faggots in a parade!! Kill em all and let god decide what to do with em...

~Z~

"I wish someone would strap a bomb to their chest and take out the majority of the fags at the annual "gay pride parade" they hold downtown each year...yes I'm serious, I really wish someone would kill em all!! Nothing more disgusting then a faggot except a bunch of faggots in a parade!! Kill em all and let god decide what to do with em..."

Go for it man! You can make yourself a hero/martyr!!! :7 :7

I don't really care what anyone else does....... Live and let live, I suppose. ;-)

S.

:)

Yea live and let live, but dont rub my nose in it and then call me a homophob because I dont belive in it.

I have a few gay friends. I too used to loath their lifestyle until I got to know them. I personally still don't agree with it, but most of them are really decent people that work hard and stay quiet about their sexuality. Of course there are the flamers and outspoken ones. Unfortunately those ones are the ones who get all the press. It still boggles my mind to see how closed minded and hateful some people are. For you people, I can't wait for it to hit too close to your home!

Traditional >>>------->

>I have a few gay friends.
>I too used to loath
>their lifestyle until I got
>to know them. I personally
>still don't agree with it,
>but most of them are
>really decent people that work
>hard and stay quiet about
>their sexuality. Of course there
>are the flamers and outspoken
>ones. Unfortunately those ones are
>the ones who get all
>the press. It still boggles
>my mind to see how
>closed minded and hateful some
>people are. For you people,
>I can't wait for it
>to hit too close to
>your home!
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

I don't disagree with this at all. I have dealt with many "gay" people and they have been good people to deal with. I to do not agree with their lifestyle but if that's the way they want to live, so be it. Just like any group of people, there are people within those groups who poorly represent the majority. I'm LDS and if you do not agree with my lifestyle that is fine. Just understand that I may not agree with your lifestyle. I won't push my beliefs onto you so please don't push yours onto me.

I don't understand how you can be attracted to something you already have, but I can tell you this: If they are somehow wired to feel about the same sex as I feel about the opposite sex, ... well if I woke up and was told that how I felt was wrong, there is NO WAY I could change, just because that's the way it's supposed to be. They say it's not genetic, but from what I've witnessed, I really think there is a genetic factor involved.

Rug they just know you like some do.
Don't let these mean people hurt your feeling.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Just wait till the Truth comes out of the closet about Fallon!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I had a Gay Rooster. It didn't bother me till he flew up on my shoulder one day. Killed that Parrot looking SOB>

Rutnbuck

I have to save this thread for those who choose to label Ca. hunters as Gays! Love it!! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

">I have a few gay friends.
>I too used to loath
>their lifestyle until I got
>to know them. I personally
>still don't agree with it,
>but most of them are
>really decent people that work
>hard and stay quiet about
>their sexuality. Of course there
>are the flamers and outspoken
>ones. Unfortunately those ones are
>the ones who get all
>the press. It still boggles
>my mind to see how
>closed minded and hateful some
>people are. For you people,
>I can't wait for it
>to hit too close to
>your home!
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->
I don't disagree with this at all. I have dealt with many "gay" people and they have been good people to deal with. I to do not agree with their lifestyle but if that's the way they want to live, so be it. Just like any group of people, there are people within those groups who poorly represent the majority. I'm LDS and if you do not agree with my lifestyle that is fine. Just understand that I may not agree with your lifestyle. I won't push my beliefs onto you so please don't push yours onto me. "

Uh OK..... "....don't push yours on to me"???

You mean like having to go to a 'state' owned liquor store because of the LDS influence and opposition to achohol? :7 Loved going to college in SLC, but didn't really appreciate the liquor laws..... ;-)

I don't like anyone pushing their beliefs on me either..... ;)

S.

PS: Other than the liquor laws, I LOVED my time in SLC. Made many friends and had a blast skiing my way through college. Even snuck a pizza into the MTC one night for a buddy who was prepping for his mission! :)

>Uh OK..... "....don't push yours
>on to me"???
>
>You mean like having to go
>to a 'state' owned liquor
>store because of the LDS
>influence and opposition to achohol?
>:7 Loved going to
>college in SLC, but didn't
>really appreciate the liquor laws.....
>;-)
>
>I don't like anyone pushing their
>beliefs on me either..... ;)

Utah's liquor laws aren't too bad compared to many states. The problem with Utah is that ANY law here that restricts anything is blamed on those dang Mormons! I had a guy get pissed off at me because I wouldn't fill a rusty old expired propane bottle for him. Who did he blame? Yeah, the &@!*%$ Mormons! It's funny because many people who are not LDS here in Utah blame Mormons for anything and everything, yet still live here and want to live here. Then people come from out of state "knowing" that the Mormons have total control over the state ;-) and are still shocked when they learn that they have to go to a state liquor store to buy booze.

Point taken, Legacy.....

Had a buddy who went to college in Arkansas. His school was in a DRY COUNTY!!! LOL

S.

>I wish someone would strap a
>bomb to their chest and
>take out the majority of
>the fags at the annual
>"gay pride parade" they hold
>downtown each year...yes I'm serious,
>I really wish someone would
>kill em all!! Nothing more
>disgusting then a faggot except
>a bunch of faggots in
>a parade!! Kill em all
>and let god decide what
>to do with em...
>
>~Z~

So you hate being Gay so you want to kill other gays because being gay you hate yourself?

You guys think you've got it bad? I'm a gay Mormon alcoholic! Walk a mile in my shoes you mother truckers!!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

>You guys think you've got it
>bad? I'm a gay Mormon
>alcoholic! Walk a mile in
>my shoes you mother truckers!!
>
>
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Ya don't say? LOL :)

>You guys think you've got it
>bad? I'm a gay Mormon
>alcoholic! Walk a mile in
>my shoes you mother truckers!!
>
>
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

You must be a returned missionary then?

Traditional >>>------->

I heard the RainBow Warriors are Invading Fallon this year!

Don't worry NVB!

They said there is a couple of cute ones amongst the 10,000+ crowd!

Has Fallon ever been Thrashed?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom