gas vs diesel

B

brcr2705

Can someone give me an intelligent explanation on why diesel is 30-50 cents higher than regular unleaded? Is it something to do with the refining process? Is it simply supply and demand e.g. more people driving diesels and not more being refined?

I don't know. A few years ago diesel used to be cheaper than gas.

I can't give an explanation...as I hear that diesal is a by-product of gas production. Or, at the very least, easier to make.

To start with, thanks to the loons in this country all the sulfur has to be refined out of the diesel, which is expensive. If you have a diesel you'd better be using some kind of lubrication treat, because that is what sulfer did naturally.

The second reason is they are charging according to BTU's and because diesel has more it makes it more expensive. I don't know the details of that, maybe someone else knows. I imagine it has something to do with the government again.

> To
>start with, thanks to the
>loons in this country all
>the sulfur has to be
>refined out of the diesel,
>which is expensive. If you
>have a diesel you'd better
>be using some kind of
>lubrication treat, because that is
>what sulfer did naturally.

^^^ This.

Also Diesel exhaust has been classified as a carcinogen and is being regulated.

-DallanC

Supply and Demand, Big trucks,trains,planes,ships
The world moves around DIESEL FUEL !

CATRACK

WHEN EVERYBODY & THEIR DOG (EXCEPT PUNK!!!) BOUGHT BELCHERS,WHAT DID YOU EXPECT WAS GONNA HAPPEN???

PUNK MIGHT BE THE SMARTEST GUY IN TOWN HERE PERTY QUICK WITH GAS BEING .90 CENTS A GALLON CHEAPER THAN DIESEL!!!

JUST DON'T PULL A LIL'BEAV'BERRY & MAKE A V-9 OUT OF IT!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Don't forget about all the homes being heated by kerosene back east, I'm sure that helps keep the price high in the winter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom