Garmin Rino 650 users... Help!

elks96

Long Time Member
With my wife starting to archery hunt this year I have been looking at the GPS radio combo units.

What do you think? Specifically I was looking at the 650 with radio and then using the landowner hunting maps....

I have the 655T and I like it. It's only slightly different than the 650. Cabelas actually had the 650 on sale for a really good price the last time I looked. It was almost $60 cheaper then even amazon was. There aren't any real good options as far as handheld radios go because all of the brands have the same issues, line of sight and any obstacles in between you and the other person drastically affecting the range. So keep that in mind and you will be good. I also use the GPS ownership chips for Utah and wyoming and couldn't be happier.

no clue about the radio aspect but definitely get the land ownership card! I got the 4 state one (without private land owners name) and it is great. No real intent to ever hunt private land so that is why I got this card. It is $100 for 4 states. The one with names attached is $100/state.
opens up so many new places/access points that I didn't know existed in areas that didn't seem likely so I never researched it.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Our whole group uses the 650 and we all love it... If I remember correctly, the 655 has a camera... That's the difference... My phone has a better camera, so I don't need another.
The Rino is a great way to keep track of everyone in the group... And of course, the maps are great.
I would highly recommend them.
CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

I've used the rhinos extensively, including earlier models. They are great. I keep track of my wife with one as well, and feel the radios are really quite good. I use the "Go TO" feature a lot to meet up with her or one of the kids. Great devices.
Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom