Garmin GPS

muzz

Long Time Member
Looking to get a new GPS. Is the Oregon 450 still the way to go or another one? Easy to use and don't cost an arm and a leg.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Muzz, I have the Garmin 450T and really like it. Only problem with GPS's is you buy one and it is outdated in no time at all. Most of the new add-ons are just new things that it will do such as cameras etc.

I had the Oregon 450T also. I ended up trading it off for a Rino so I didn't have to carry a gps and a radio, but the Oregon is a great unit IMO.

I just bought a Garmin Dakota 10...120 bucks delivered. I used a Rino for years. Realized I hardly ever used the radio, and I just used the unit to mark waypoints (wallows, camp, truck, animal quarters, etc.)

You can upload topo maps to it easily, and it correlates perfectly with Google Earth coordinates.

Very light, compact, and easy to use. Pretty happy so far.

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://www.elkmtngear.com

Is the 550 the same as 450 but with a camera?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Not sure. I just got the 450T after reading many reviews. I have a camera and don't need a radio attached. Works with the huntinggpsmaps SD card w/topo.

I just got an Oregon 450 from GPSCity for $200. Compared to my old Etrex Legend it is night and day difference. Very easy to use, I love it.

Hey Muzz. Long time no see. How the heck ya been? The way I figure if your dumb enough to get lost your not smart enough to run a GPS. You still using a cumpus? Any tags this year? Nota here.

Rutnbuck

Im doing good, just got married two weeks ago. we just drew general deer tags. I just put my money in the support Utah bank account. How are you doing?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Ah good on you! Congrats man. Kiss her on the lips for me.
Was in your neck of the woods the other day redid the parking lot just down the street from your shop the church on 1800.
Doing good not happy with the fact no tags this year.
Rutnbuck

As far as GPS goes I have bought used older models! I spend half the money and get top of the line. But then they might not have all the new fetures. The one I use now color Maridian with map software. Paid 75 . They seem to work fine. I use Magellan where as I can use the same software on the Boat sonar/ GPS Rutnbuck

you should of stopped by, I live in Layton now. I just bought the 450 Oregon for 170.00
excited this year with the daughter step son and wife all going to be hunting deer for there first year.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom