Garmin e-trex Question

AZStickman

I have a Garmin e-trex and use National Geographic topo software to upload and download. In the past I used a 9 pin interface cable that connected to the comm port. My ne laptop does not have any 9 pin connections only USB ports so I bought a 9 pin to USB converter cable. Now when I go to connect I either get a message telling me the comm port is in use by another device or my gps unit is not connected properly.... have any of you experienced this and if so what did you do to get connected?...... Terry

I had the same problem...I bought the adapter as well and had the same messages pop up....Did your adapter come with an installation cd?

I finally got mine to work..I just kept playing with different setting....Don't know exactly what I did...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

BuckSnort.... My adapter did not have any software.... I have my I/O setting on the gps set to Garmin, I'm wondering if I may need to reset to the rtcm / nmea or rtcm / text settings?.... Terry

Dug through my stuff and I did actually have a driver for the adapter..... I've got it installed and after rebooting the computer recognized it.....I'm still not getting the gps and computer to talk to each other..... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom