Garand explosion

Roy

So - tell me what happened here.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

That ain't hard to figure out!

REDDOG was trying to Impress the Ladies again with one of his Re-Loads!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-12 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]Some folks in the comments section thought it might have been a squib load. Maybe.

She answered that she thought it might have been failure of the bolt to fully close and leaving a 1/2" gap...and that it had happened before... "I am the person this happened to. The 7th round jammed, which is nothing unusual for this gun. It happens all the time. That is why I didn't really hesitate to shoot the final round. We were using newer ammo, so we don't think that's the problem. My brother has been looking at his M1, and we noticed it will still fire with the chamber not fully closed. The chamber can be open up to 1/2" and the weapon will still fire. We think that's what happend."

If you look in the video you can see her rack the slide again and let it gently go, almost to the point of following it with her hand. I don't think the bolt fully closed, but it is just a guess.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Open bolt could cause this but the explosion is so violent Id have to guess barrel obstruction.

The guy who I got this from said he had read on another forum that they were using pistol powder for their reloads and that that may have had something to do with it. Not sure about that, I think it is a combination of a squib and maybe the bolt being partially open. Lucky she didn't get hurt any worse.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom