GameStop- stock market

Some hedge fund managers and their clients got slammed, but my worry is for all those folks who have jumped into the stocks at crazy levels and will be left holding the bag.
I hate seeing stocks like these being played like they are because it causes even more people to think it's rigged. Whether it's rigged by hedge funds guys, or dudes in a chatroom with a bunch followers, doesn't matter.
BUT, I wish I had been sitting on a 1,000 shares and $10. Of course I'd have sold it at $20 and then kicked myself for not being greedy enough. :)

Robinhood is going to face a huge lawsuit....those that own GME that trade on Robinhood are losing tons of money. Pretty shady...

Members of Congress is always getting insider information that allows them to buy low and get rich or dump before the stock hits bottom. Unlike Martha Stewart they do not go to jail for doing it.
RELH

I had a financial advisor tell me to throw $1000. at Bitcoin when it was 10 cents. ( I didn’t). Figure that one out. ?

I had a financial advisor tell me to throw $1000. at Bitcoin when it was 10 cents. ( I didn’t). Figure that one out. ?
Next time listen some of them are good some not so good..I did nuff said above.. Also told him he was nuts to buy AMZN in OCT 17 but look at that now scored there to ...

Next time listen some of them are good some not so good..I did nuff said above.. Also told him he was nuts to buy AMZN in OCT 17 but look at that now scored there to ...
All Amazon does is sell online books, right? Sheesh. If we had only known. And people are mad at Besos for being rich. Throw shade at a guy for diversifying a business plan and making it pay off. Shame on him....

This goes way beyond winners and losers who managed to time the market.......internet mob’s aren’t going to be well received by wall street.

So lets follow the money.......who is Apex?

Being a capitalist, why am I LMMFAO. This is great. Evidently one Hedge Fund lost two billion! Great times. Now if can only take back Cuomos Emmy!! F'er

The “capitalists” lost a bunch back when the swamp retaliated. You think it’s cool that diy investors were shut out in favor of the institutional houses?

Some hedge funds got slammed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if other hedge funds were rewarded by the huge run up and they’ll leave the diy gamblers, playing their $600 stimulus check, with a couple shares of GameStop that’ll soon be worth $10 again.

It’s hard not to get sucked into that “gambling” or even the highly speculative investing, but I try. I “played” the market back in the late 90’s and like many others playing with fire, got burned. Lesson learned.......I hope. I try to stick with companies that have a real future, they just don’t jump 2,000% in a month.
I do own a little Virgin Galactic though. Luckily it doubled and my original investment is out and what I own is all gains. Maybe those Reddit folks will drive it up 1000% soon. :)

Good play on Virgin Galactic. I owned a bit and got out with a very small profit. I was a little too scared of the thought that something devastating might happen on a "cruise" through the atmosphere. :) It is all a gamble. The stock I've been riding for the last few years just got FDA approval on thier lupus treatment and I bought in at $6.50 a share. I am hoping that in the next year or two it'll climb to the mid $25 range and then sell. It's chillin between $16-$18 right now. The day after approval is went up to $20 but decided not to sell. I believe it will go higher. Fingers crossed. Gambling!!!!

Some hedge funds got slammed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if other hedge funds were rewarded by the huge run up and they’ll leave the diy gamblers, playing their $600 stimulus check, with a couple shares of GameStop that’ll soon be worth $10 again.

It’s hard not to get sucked into that “gambling” or even the highly speculative investing, but I try. I “played” the market back in the late 90’s and like many others playing with fire, got burned. Lesson learned.......I hope. I try to stick with companies that have a real future, they just don’t jump 2,000% in a month.
I do own a little Virgin Galactic though. Luckily it doubled and my original investment is out and what I own is all gains. Maybe those Reddit folks will drive it up 1000% soon. :)
That’s not really what this is about. It’s about the forces who control the markets. We don’t have equal access.

But if you want we can discuss whether an angry mob manipulating stock prices is patriotism or economic terrorism. ;)

Im with Charles Payne. We've all seen the "pros" go on TV, or print and push companies to dirt. Only to then see they shorted. We've seen the Mitt Romneys. of the world literally destroy not just individuals, but towns because they could.
We all got a nice dies of "too big to fail".

I have zero sympathy.

I decided this morning to throw $1000 at AMC, then rode to work. 45 min later I jumped out. AMC bought me and Mama a real nice steak dinner tonight.

I have to work too hard for my money to play with it. But a good steak is a good steak??

I used to work for a guy, a multi miliionaire, who always drove old trucks. His advice,showing off causes you headaches long term. Hedge funders are learning that today.

Other good thing is AGAIN we are seeing who our government both R and D actually care about.

My sister and BIL started working for a national company many years ago. It got bought out as a bigger company came along and swallowed them up. That scenario repeated itself once or twice. They always saved well and took stock options as part of their salary. My BIL made enough to be court ordered to pay alimony to his ex (not my sister) at the rate of $7.7k a month. That ended in the 90s. Anyway, one day, not long prior to retirement, a stock split happened. They retired soon after that.

At some point they took the profit from just that split and paid for a 400K renovation to their kitchen and master bedroom.

I never understood stocks and probably never will, at least not fully.

I do understand profit. And honesty. He was one of the architects of the split and couldnt divulge anything.

I’m keeping a list of all the ways the left can organize against our barbaric way of life (guns, diesels, saddles, etc). An organized group destroying legitimate investors and effectively blocking access to traditional capital markets goes on it.

this is nothing new....just an outside group of shysters pulling it off....

the pros have been running up and down prices with their paidoff tv show stock talkers for years....making billions on both ends...

Unfortunately they are the ones that own the politicians...the money they've spent on them will now payoff....

Congress will put a stop to this outsider shenanigans....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom