Gamecart

capls5264

I recently had to get a pacemaker and will no longer be able to pack more than 25 lbs, in a backpack. I am leaning towards getting a game cart to get deer and elk back to the atv or pickup. Any game cart recommendations? Thanks.

I really don't see how that would benefit anyone in the west it would be dang hard to push/pull a cart in any of this terrain. Have u thought about pack goats or a horse etc.

If you can't backpack more than 25#, what would make you think that pulling an animal on a game cart would be easier for you? As I got older (69 in August) I found it much easier to make two trips and bring a deer boned out that way and my cart (Cabelas best one) hasn't left the garage in about 10 years. The only time I'll get an elk tag is if I know there will be one or two people hunting with me to help bring it out.

it'll all be monument or wilderness before long anyway and carts are a no no there......hire a mexican.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-16 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-16 AT 09:22?PM (MST)

I hunt a few areas where a gamecart can be used, at least some of the time. If the area is relatively flat and has some old logging roads, or well used game trails they come in handy. But in a lot of elk country they just aren't that useful, too much effort to roll over rocks, logs, uphill, etc. Sorry to hear about the 25 lb. limit, maybe it's time to find some younger folks to hunt with.

Here's the last time I used a cart, I still had to make 6 backpack trips of ~1/2 mile one-way to an old road bed, then ~1.5 miles downhill back to camp. So the cart helped a lot on the final leg, but not on the first part. Sorry I don't recall who made it I bought it 20+ years ago. Lots of similar ones on the market.

74423p1030695red.jpg

The Cabelas one like in the picture are great...on mine I installed a heavy 1/2 inch mesh screen attaching it to the existing bars with washers and self driving screws.....Really helps keeping stuff in the cart and not droping through the large openings....

))))------->

This is my redneck game cart
89317img0265.jpg

If you have a complete down hill journey from point of kill, then this set-up will do you right!

58091img0885.jpg

Otherwise, join the atv/side by side crowd and at least enjoy the scenery!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom