Game processing Hailey -Ketchum area?

• Thread starter hartmountainbeav
  • Start date
H

hartmountainbeav

I'm looking someone that will process deer or elk in Ketchum - Hailey area. I will be archery hunting in that area this year and would like to know who to go it if I was able to have any luck. (what luck I did have probably went out the window by already starting to look for a butcher!)

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I live out of state and with warm weather I may want to take it to someone this time around.

Thank you

Many people use Scarrow Meats who is in North Jerome which is about a 50 minute trip across the desert. There is a also a guy (KJ cutting or something like that) half way between Wendell and Gooding (west side of road has an easy to see sign). It is about the same distance if you cut across at Shoshone. I would focus more on getting something on the ground, elk hunting has really changed in that area the last few years.

LOL! My first thought was....Is there anyone butchering game in that, fuzzy wuzzy area, at all!

Thank you for the info. I hunted 48 rifle 2 years ago and was into elk almost every day. Did not take an animal but saw a few nice bulls. Packed in myself with Llams and had a good time. From everything I read it sounds like it has been hit hard by wolves. I coming over to scout it for a couple of days in early September and then back for 10 the end of the season. If the scouting turns up nothing may head to another area. It helps to know options if I do get lucky. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom