Game Health in WY?

Hiker of the Woods

Here is an interesting study in Norway with moose. I'm wondering if the same affect will happen in Wyoming. The study was to see why moose in southern Norway are in significantly worse health than those further north and in eastern Norway, with lower carcass weights and lower reproduction rates. There are also several reported cases of osteoporosis and toxic nephrosis, a kidney disease.

Analysis shows that there is enough cadmium in the moose organs from southern Norway that hunters should think twice before they eat large amounts of foods made with moose liver or kidneys. There are higher levels of air pollution and higher levels of heavy metals in southern Norway than in the rest of the country.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101105085330.htm

So now I have read that Wyoming's smog exceeds Los Angeles' due to gas drilling.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...mog-exceeds-los-angeles-due-to-gas-drilling/1

So does anyone think we will see any changes with the game in Wyoming?

Thats a interesting article about the smog in Wyoming . I'm no expert but I would rather breath any Wyoming air than Los Angeles air .

It depend on where in Wyoming, and here in the Pinedale,we now have high ozone level warnings, and sometimes have worse air quality than L.A. Pristine it once was, but not any more. I would not be surprised if there is some effect on the moose in some areas.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-11 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p] Air quality is very bad in Sublette County. Several days last week it was the worst in the Country. The health of moose I don't know but I'm glad I'm not raising children there during this.
Hopefully the snow will melt that will help a bunch as it accounts for a double dose of sunlight (as it reflects back to the sky). Sunlight is a major factor in Ozone. Hopefully they can get it straigtened out soon.
Judge Malloy will probably use this as a excuse to keep wolves on the list after the states address the current excuses

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom