G3 Slideshow

highsierra

A pet project of mine over the years has been to collect photos of bucks harvested in California’s late season Goodale (G3) hunt. After a few recent additions I thought it might be nice to put together a simple slide show presentation of the hunters and their bucks. I believe all the photos showcased are from the last 20 years.

If any of you out there have photos of G3 bucks taken in the past that are not already included here, I would love to see them…especially any from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. If you are willing to share, please post what you got in the comments below.

A pet project of mine over the years has been to collect photos of bucks harvested in California’s late season Goodale (G3) hunt. After a few recent additions I thought it might be nice to put together a simple slide show presentation of the hunters and their bucks. I believe all the photos showcased are from the last 20 years.

If any of you out there have photos of G3 bucks taken in the past that are not already included here, I would love to see them…especially any from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. If you are willing to share, please post what you got in the comments below.

Some big boys in there. Thanks for putting that together and posting.

My brother and 3 other friends drew as a group in the 1980's first year they heard about it, had no idea of what they had drawn, first buck for my brother and one of the others, 2nd for one of them, they all shot the first 3 points they saw, (3 point min. back then) if they only knew what they had!! A different one of our group drew in in 1996, he knew better what he had drawn, he killed one opening day, it was a 28" 4x, my brother shot a 28" fork with a small 3rd, and 4th on one side, it looked like an old buck in decline. If they could all have those days back now I wonder what they would have done??

Great montage..some really good bucks from the unit. Reminds me of the little black photo binder my dad has of the old days in X-1 when our family hunted as a group (that was more than 20 years ago) although they didn’t take any real monsters, they had multiple bucks in pics that resembled some of the deer in that video.

I've got some pictures that would be fine additions to your compilation, but I won't share them because they hunters don't want them shared.

I have not hunted G3 and probably never will (I think I have to apply for G3 in order to have a chance... 🤣 ) but I've helped on a couple of hunts in 3 separate years.

A good friend and his 2 sons killed very fine buckeroos about 20 years ago and I've seen a couple of nice ones killed in those hunts.

Not being a max point holder--no chance I'd put in.

Here he is..

Resized_20191110_192505.jpeg

That is a really cool video, Dave. It'll be neat to see that video get longer and longer as the years go if you can keep up with it. I am hoping to draw one of the random tags over the next couple of years to add to the collection of photos. Pray for me!!

That is a really cool video, Dave. It'll be neat to see that video get longer and longer as the years go if you can keep up with it. I am hoping to draw one of the random tags over the next couple of years to add to the collection of photos. Pray for me!!
I think I have about five or six more to add already!

No 2 year old forked-horns.

Nice update. Can you imagine all the G3 bucks since it's inception, including during it's heyday? That would be quite a collection.

I saw 4 hunters/bucks in your video that I'm familiar with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom