G1

R

rock04

I am lucky enough to have a G1 goat license! I'm looking for any advice for the unit or starting points. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks-Chad

I would start by lookin at the Statistics on the Dow web page to see where Goats have been taken in the past. Ill send ya a PM.

Thanks, I checked the DOW site. Lots of good info on there for the goats. Looks like the population for my unit has drastically declined the last few years. Any reasons why?

Congratulations on drawing a Goat Tag. While you are correct that this unit has seriously declined over the past couple of years - you will still have a great hunt, but you had better be in the best shape of your life!

My buddy drew this tag last year. He is a hardcore hunter in great shape, he was successul but the hunt kicked his butt...

There are not as many goats in G1 as there once was, but after the archery hunters start pushing them around in G14 they will move up and into the rugged terrain of G1 where the Game Warden and Forest Service staff will warn you to stay out of.

With all of the snow pack I can not imagine that the goats will move back up into their summer range until July or August, nor will anyone be able to spend much time scouting until then.

Send me a PM if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Stryker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom