G1 info…

20yarder

I was lucky enough to draw a G1 tag this year and I’m looking for a little info on deer movement. I live in and have hunted the unit, however mostly in archery season. Just wondering how much weather it takes for the deer to start moving, and if there is enough weather some general areas/elevations to try and target. Hopefully someone can chime in and share some feedback, thanks in advance.

Total migration hunt in my opinion... cold and snow is what you want for bigger bucks .. you want them moving down and if snow up high get to zone boundaries that has highest mountains and glass hard area that are draws, drainage, coolies or slide chutes....
Dink's are plentiful...
Can get crowded if there's weather. I hunted the wildlife area and had luck but it was a *****..I would get a C Zone over a G1...everytime.
Jester

Thanks for the info Calbuck, yea, I was actually surprised to see it as a hunt option this year as there are no deer in the unit. Jester thanks for the feedback, ive hunted the unit a lot for archery, and a few times during the regular rifle season, and 1 other time during the late season when I was much younger, and it was a very warm dry hunt that year. In the event we get some weather I am just trying to come up with a game plan. Thanks again fellas I appreciate it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom