G and H potential

WARidgerunner

What does everyone think the hunting will be like in these two regions this fall. I know there have been a couple of bad winters but I'm wondering how its going to be. I haven't hunted this country since 14.

I expect g and h to be pretty much what it has been since the winter of 16-17. This winter wasn't too bad and there should be some decent bucks around but nothing like it was before the bad winter three years ago.

I think the trophy potential will still be there regardless of the harsh winters of 16-17. I also don’t think we have seen the worst of the effect of those winters, 2 age classes of deer almost completely wiped out in those winters. Those deer should be the up and comers you would see out hunting this fall and they do not exist. I saw a big downward swing in “shooter” bucks from 18 to the 19 season in the area I have been in.
There is a chance of giants in that part of the world and the chase is what keeps us going back.

Probably going to be alot like the last 3 years. Better in some drainages, the same in others. Should be a nice little bump in 2.5 year old bucks which will help in 3 or 4 years for those looking for older bucks.

We just got 10 inches of new snow dumped on us yesterday..don't count your chickens before they hatch....

We just got 10 inches of new snow dumped on us yesterday..don't count your chickens before they hatch....

We had eight, earlier in the week at our place. Gotta have at least one good dump in April or it wouldn't be a Wyoming spring.

Always be potential for big bucks in either region, always big bucks just finding them, harsh winters have been around since beginning of time, good deer taken every year!! Not around every Bush but there out there somewhere.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom