Fun opener

B

BrownsandBucks

We had an enjoyable opener despite extreme wind. 2 meat bucks came to camp which were a forkie by my 72 year old pops, a 3x2 by me, 3x3 for my buddy Shane that I need a photo of still and an enormous super cool Forkie by my good buddy. My pops and I will still be out after larger bucks for our 2nd tags.
Opening day I sat at 9200 ft in one of my favorite bowls and saw zero movement in first hour so I climbed higher to make a decent down some rim rock areas in hope of finding a good buck. The wind made me go way out of the way but once I came around to where I had it in my favor I dropped over slowly and saw a single small buck feeding unaware of my presence. Knowing I had 2 tags and wanted some backstrap this lil guy dropped in his tracks and the work started.
Later the guys came back with a lil 3x3 that was hiked out in pieces. Sound like he was running with a group and a nice 4x4 was shot at and missed and a minute later the 3x3 stepped out and was harvested.
The next morning the wind was blowing so hard we were cruising slowly to a spot and 500 yds from cap there were 3 bucks I spotted and my dad sot a forkie for some meat. I told him there was another much larger buck just down the hill and as soon as he walked onto the deer view it wheeled and was gone. Well yesterday at the same spot the larger Forkie was taken and I am sure that was the larger buck! Lots of short hunts between with deer seen each time and a very eventful opener. With some luck we can get some bigger one to hit the dirt soon, I just have to work a bit then back out. Good luck to all.
6905lilguy.jpg

626gary_fork.jpg

2861big_forkie.jpg

I love the look of that big forky, Dandy!!

Congrats on the hunts guys!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

A great start! Good luck for the remainder. Congratulations to your pops. That brought a smile!

Eel

Thanks everyone. The large forky was my buddy's. My pops was a lil puke but going to eat like veal. The other 3x3 was very similar to my 3x2. My friend kills us all, every year he gets a unique animal, (go back to our archery post and check bumpy..15 eye guards). The night before we were all talking and I said i want a really big 3 point almost more than a 4 x4 and he says I want a huge forky.Guess he can check that off. Told him next to wish for a 12x 12. =). Whole month to go and I am being picky already. Just have to run some charters this weekend then back at it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom