fun day at the beach

nuts4bucks

today i took my three girls and my brother to the ocean to pick some abalone and here are the results it was the first time for all four and they had a blast i think they might be hooked as they said they cant wait to go again even though i made them get up at 4:30 in the morning the little ones managed to stay awake all the way until 10:30 then they fell asleep on the way home
4a1b43d709ac6730.jpg

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHERE BALONEY CAME FROM!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

David,

Nice picture and looks like a lot of good eats there for awhile.

Been awhile since I had abs for either breakfast, lunch or dinner. I hear that it is a 3 limit now and punch card too.

Brian

What the H is abalone I know it comes from the ocean but thought it was a fish.. LOl thoase look like avocados on rhoids!

Bugler if you have never had abalone man you are missing out on some good eats.

Rack no dive gear needed today was a minus 2.2 tide all we had to do was crawl around on the rocks.

Tomorrow is a minus 2.1 and were going out again just the guys this time the kids have school maybe we can get some big ones.

I was talking with a guy from Half Moon Bay last weekend and he said a lot of things have changed with the laws. Only reds are able to be taken I think he said and only a certain amount of abalone can be in your possession at one time. I'm not sure if you're up on the laws but he was telling me some things had changed. I know that abalone is something that the fish cops don't take lightly if there are any violations found. I'd hate to see a fellow MM guy get in trouble. Looks like a good time for you and the kids. I'm sure the kids will have new bowls to put jewelry, candy...or anything in now. Nothing as beautiful as abalone shells! Good job...

Steve

Wiz i am current on the laws and have no desire to brake them.we were all legal and have our license and tags and yes my kids got thier own with a little help from dad finding them, the law also says that you can only have three in possesion so tonight we had a big dinner and invited some friends over i also gave three to my neighbor who is an 85+ year old ww2 vet and has lung cancer he really enjoys it when i bring some abs over i also bring him a whole backstrap when i kill a deer.

hay guys beleive me the fish cops need no help catch upgraders, over limits law breakers when it come to AB's..and the do take are the violaters crap, gear,cars,etc! They just sit up on the cliffs with there swarovskis....cool to watch them ..Once I seen a nice over /upgrade busts of 6 asians from Sac and they did not speak english only vietnamees....
You should have seen the look on there faces when the warden spoke vietnamees too!!
that was thew coolest thing I seen back then!

4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

Chef, We are all very stupid about lots of things. I surely am! Explain to the midwest guys what exactly an abalone is. Are they similar to clams? Some sort of ocean shellfish? Please explain!

Leap?n Limpets? This is serious hunting. I'm not sure I want to go into an environment where I'm part of the food chain! Big bad Great Whites scare me.

Bon Appetit

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom