fuel?

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
Does anyone put premium in their grocery getters?

If you do what are your reasons for doing so?
Do you notice a performance difference?

If you don't have engine knock with the low octane then you are literally burning money to go premium.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Here's the Deal!

If it was a 100% Guarantee you were 'getting' High octane when paying for it,it used to perty much pay for itself in newer Grocery getters when it was only a dime difference in price!

The Newer computerized vehicles sense Engine Knock(Ping!) and with True Premium Fuel will automatically advance timing & produce more power & get better mileage if & when Stations are not Cheating on the advertised Premium Fuel!

We had a Grocery getter that would jump 4-6 MPG on Premium Fuel(when it was High octane & stations were not cheating!) which at the time was well worth 10 cents extra per gallon!

Now that the Premium Fuel is way more than 10 cents per gallon more I don't know that it will pan out?

The thought that crosses my mind most is:Most people buy 'cheap stuff',how long & how old is that Premium Fuel & how long has it been sittin in their Tanks?

I haven't noticed alot of difference in Gas Pick-Ups but you will notice it in Cars/Grocery Getters!

I know several years ago they checked the Stations in Roosevelt & there was only one Station that had Octane ratings as high as advertised,they shoulda hammered some Ass!

If you could find some High octane they were not Lieing/Cheating with sw you could do your own testing on your own vehicle & let us know what you came up with?

Problem is:Was the Premium Fuel you just bought/payed for Premium or not?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

All you ever needed to know about fuel octane and then some. Higher octane does not mean more energy in a gallon of gasoline. It is a chemical oxidation changes in the molecules as they oxidize in an internal combustion engine. The higher the octane, the less likely it will prematurely self ignite, thus causing the engine knock which could reduce the energy harvested by the engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have an old toyota that knocks if I put in the low grade. I have ran Premium in it ever since like over 20 years. Ron

Same as rugarm77. The Dyna and the geezer glide develop a slight knock if I don't.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I put the premium in my yota the other day and honestly it felt like it had more power and got better gas mileage. I guess I was hoping I wasn't up in the night.

Well!

If you really got what you paid for it will have more power & better mileage!

The Electronics on modern day vehicles make changes all on their own,they've got their own Brain,sometimes it's good & sometimes it's not so good!

You ever put a Programmer on that Cummins yet?

I'm one fill up away from Government cheese ...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I put 91 octane in when I am towing a load----I seem to 'think' I have a little more get-go...

Although my bud told me that I really do not have a full tank of 91 as I top off with 91 from a 3/4 tank of 87/88 and by the time I burn the mix......I am prolly running more 88/89 with the mix....

I never let myself get below 1/2 tank---$70.00 to fill-up....

Like in Nv. when a sign says Next Services 96 miles----they 'aint' b*llsh*ting!

I Mrs runs 87 in her Toy-----

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-11 AT 05:00AM (MST)[p]The dodge is my brothers truck! I cant afford one or id ditch the yota im driving and get a truck that gets the same gas mileage as my yota but will pull anything under the sun!

Like in Nv. when a sign says Next Services 96 miles----they 'aint' b*llsh*ting!

Lol PleaseDear!

Ya sw!

It's a little irritating to know a full size Cummins with 4 times the Power and better Mileage kicks Butt on my PISSCUTTIN Rig!

I can tolerate the 20 MPG average(no matter how/where I drive it!)on my PISSCUTTIN Rig,but the lack of Power & the excessive WOT agitates me some!

In my eyes the smaller Rigs should get way better MPG than they do!

I'd feel kinda bad though if I treated a 60K Rig like I've treated my PISSCUTTIN Rig though!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom