Ft. Hood Shooting - RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!!!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-14 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]Well, I am OK. But today, I left work at 4:08PM and shortly after I left my boss went to lock up the facility and as he was locking the back door, heard the shots and yelling of the initial attack. It happened in the Motor Pool building directly to the south of our building. He quickly locked the doors, shut off the lights, and hunkered down. He then went and watched the cops show up and have their showdown with the shooter FROM MY WINDOW!!!

The lastest news is that it was a soldier on soldier attack. The shooter was upset at some of the soldiers in his Company so he left and came back with his .45 and opened fire.

I just feel incredibly blessed to have left work on time today. I don't think I would have been in any immediate danger, my boss wasn't, but I still feel that I was divinely protected. I usually drive up the street where this occured to leave, but chose, because traffic appeared lighter than normal, to go a more direct route. Again, I don't think I would have been in any danger after hearing about the sequence of events, but I was spared the risk.

You can bet I hugged my kids extra long tonight - it just feels good to be home right now.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

There's so many People 'TICKIN' in this World now Days you just never know!

Glad you're OK Roy!

The Shooter wasn't HomieJ was it?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Reason #14 why I retired and no longer go to work. It's safer that way.

Glad you were protected Roy.

Eel

If a Puerto Rican employee ever wants time off to go to a family funeral, you can damn well bet I will let him.

Went to work this morning. It was rather eerie. The whole block area was cordoned off with guards at every entrance. They weren't letting anyone in but investigators. We parked in our parking lot across the street and walked over to the building, went in and started working. I could still see the investigation through my window - watched the FBI and Army CID officers survey the scene, take measurements, and walk back and forth between the areas where the attack occurred.

Then, at about 12, the MP's came and told us we needed to evacuate as we were technically in the middle of a crime scene and they never should have let us in in the first place. So, I got half of the day off today and probably won't be able to go back until Monday.

Very somber mood on base today.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

Lol....nothing like closing the barn door after the horse is out.....huh Roy?

1283eagle_government.jpg

Yep Zig! Exactly. And now it is getting super ridiculous. Took us 2 1/2 hours to get in the gates yesterday - they were searching every single vehicle, preparing for Obama's visit today. Today we weren't even allowed to work. Fine with me - all the work I needed to do for today I have been doing from home. Tomorrow it should be all back to normal.

I hope so.

HOOK 'EM!

This map shows how it all went down. My building is the one in the shadow of the water tower - right across from the building marked as #5 (see the circle). My office / classroom is in that southeast corner and from the windows in my room I can see where shootings #2, #4, and #5 happened. If I step outside the back door, I can see where #3 was. Normally, when I leave, I drive right down 73rd Street, for some reason though, that day I didn't - I just went straight down Support. The first shooting happened at about 4:16 (that was when the first 911 call was made). I left at like 4:09. If I have left 5 minutes later and driven my normal right, I would have been right in the middle of it.

4953fort-hoodshooting2.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom