FSBO

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Selling your home....For sale by owner or realtor?
Some say you can leave too much money on the table when you self sell. Many say an agent can make you more even after the fees . It is a sellers market and values are skyrocketing. It isn't my home BTW.

We have more realtors in Colorado than homes on the market, supply shortage. It's created bidding wars. Put a "no one will pay that much" number on it.

It is my Mom's home. Very well built , nice place with a great view. It has been empty nearly 3 years. They are having bidding wars here. If you price it too high it may been on market awhile or a Cali person might just pay it. It makes me stressed to handle it but I need to choose tge first week of June.

You could find a realtor that will lower their commission % or a platform like homie and offer a lower buying agent % if you are concerned about the costs. You can get the mls exposure that way and save a few bucks. Not sure on location, but it’s a crazy market right now, neighbors just went under contract on a 800 square foot condo for over 300k.

Do you have a feel for the actual market, or just listening to Internet experts. What are current sales trending at. Can you help anybody find the financing, or know what the loan to value ratio will be, or have a clue what it will actually appraise at? Have you got a great Totle company who will handle most of it, or need to find one. How about homeowners insurance for after the sale? Do you need to sell it right away to pay expenses, or settle an estate between heirs.
So many questions, that only you can answer correctly. If you want the help, but don't want the full blown package, look to a package that is provided by Assist To Sell, or similar. For a flat $2-3K fee, the do it all, same as a 6% realtor and broker.

My Mom passed away a couple of years ago in 19 and her house has doubled in price since then. My sister and I are sitting on it until the market it robust.......not yet but maybe in the next two years. Facebook, Google are moving 50,000 people into the SLC area in the next three years..... Any housing will be crazy...

The home I live in now was a fsbo. The parties agreed to have a lawyer write things up. There are some details you (and the bank) don’t want to miss.

I’m sure there is a source for a standard real estate contract in your state.

With the prices these days that commission gets pretty big, and buys a lot of lawyer time.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom