Friends new/old toy.

kilowatt

My friend had sold his other military truck recently and was looking for something else to replace it.
found this on Craigslist.com and was able to be the lucky bidder and it was delievered to him by the owner just yesterday. What a sweet running 1953 Jeep and not an Army Jeep either, it was assigned to the USS Coral Sea. Still in great shape but the owner told us that when he bought it 8 years ago it had been sitting in some guys barn for some time and the engine was frozen up. He and his buddy took the motor out and did a complete overhaul and put it back in and fired it up. So Jack is the owner and since he is an Auto Uphostery person, a few things with be redone.

8915jacksnewtoy.jpg

4541jacksnewtoy2.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON May-03-15 AT 00:41AM (MST)[p]Saw the "thread" topic and the authors signature name and I fifured we had pics of the neighbors wife....extremely disappointed with the authors clout and credibility....just sayin:)))))

Very unique and rare. I like how he kept it in its original configuration/paint.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I figured it was going to be a Hot new babe that was part of the over the hill gang.
But the jeep is pretty sweet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sorry to disapoint some of you guys, my mind is not always in the "gutter" like a few on this site.
Beanman...I will ask Jack to look at the name plate on the dash or I will look next Friday when I go back to pick up that 2015 GMC $81K PU that Overton is jealous of now...LOL

Brian

RANS would be Stylin in that GMC!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

LAST EDITED ON May-03-15 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]Looks like someone did a little customizing on that one. The 53 vintage jeeps had flat fenders and a flat hood They didn't look like that until late 60's

Brian,

I had a High School Buddy with an M38A1. Pretty cool machine with 24 volt waterproof electrical system. We used to drive it down one the Fort Collins irrigation canals when it was full of water.

Hey kilo?

Is that a POWER WAGON next to the Jeep?

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

This is from the present owner: yes it is a 1954 m38A1, F head ,134 overhead valve

So it is a 1954 Model, I was off one year on the date.

Brian

>LAST EDITED ON May-03-15
>AT 03:53?PM (MST)

>
>Looks like someone did a little
>customizing on that one. The
>53 vintage jeeps had flat
>fenders and a flat hood
>They didn't look like that
>until late 60's

not hardly....the first civilian cj5's with that body style was 1955.....cj3b's with flat fenders were around to '62....but they had the high hood to accommodate the f-head engine height....

Maybe the original owner got it from the factory "one piece at a time"

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

feddoc...I am not sure which model it is but it was more of a troop carrier I believe. When Jack bought it it need some work, so he did that and redone the seats etc. He put about 10K into it and has just sold it and waiting for the new owner to figure out how he is going to get it back to the east coast...LOL

Top speed might be 35MPH in that troop hauller in picture. It even had the old 2-way radio set-up in the back and some other things too.

If it is still there tomorrow I will go take some better pictures of both of them vehicles with my digital camera and not cell phone.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom