Free English Lesson....The Apostrophe

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It is not my intention to single out or attack anyone with this post. Having said that, there are obviously some here who could benefit from taking a few moments to read this information, especially as it applies to the use of the apostrophe in pluralization.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/621/01/

We should all strive to make MM a more enjoyable experience.

Thank's!

Eel

Eel, I struggle with the apostrophe daily. In fact I often lie awake at night thinking of ways to avoid ever typing anything that requires one. Somedays I cannot help myself and to be safe I will use one on every word whether it is needed or not. The other thing that gives me reason to pause the the comma. Add one or not. Sometimes I just do not know what to do.

I've' found', when' you' begin' using' them', it's' diffcult', to kno'w, w'hen to s't'o'p'.

I think this is d13er's way of not being the one to tell me and give me help at the same time but i have no time sorry!

>I think this is d13er's way
>of not being the one
>to tell me and give
>me help at the same
>time but i have no
>time sorry!

lol...if the shoe fits....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I suppose Friday there'll be a test? Didn't realize being a member here on MM was gonna be so tough.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Sorry,,,I should probably use them more,,,especially since I've never been warned not to use TRIPLE ,,, marks,,,Oh wait just a minute,,,you're talking about Apostrophe'''s,,,Right???

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom