Freakin' Wii

TripleK

Long Time Member
I don't know what's harder...drawing out for a LE elk tag or trying to find a fricken' Ninetndo Wii at Christmas time!!!

Arrgh! My parents are searching Salt Lake right now for me, but no luck. Guess I'll have to stakeout Wal-Mart on shipment days, huh?

Jenn
01306.jpg

Ha Ha....Check KSL.com. I saw a couple on there for sale a while back. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I see one. Good luck!!

TTK, We got one last year for our grandsons at Christmas. We sent the money down to our daughter and she and a friend spent the night camped out in front of some store. You might have to do that this year too!:) Good chance to get away from it all for a night???? Just trying to help! LOL!

I see Cabelas has a big game hunting game for Wii. I'm going to order it! (you know, for the grandkids!:))

Eel

Oh I didnt know anyone still wanted those things. I'm a developer and we just ordered 30 or so for employees... lemme check and see if they ordered any extras.

IMO, Nintendo DS > wii ... heck buy a couple DS's and let your kids play wireless games. DS sales are pretty much blowing everything else out of the water, 40 million units sold world wide as of this month compared to 9 million wii's, 8.9 million 360s and 3.7 million ps3's.

-DallanC

Call Gamestop every morning and ask them if they got any that day. Then cruise down and pick it up!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-07 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]>DC - Everyone wants them. You
>can't find them anywhere.

Huh... People buy'em here all the time. Like I said though, I am a game programmer by profession so I hear about availability more often. I know they can be hard to find but co-workers seem to turn them up pretty easy for themselves or family / friends.

Side note: Our order window for Wii's though our parent company seems to have closed so I cant order one for you TTT, which sucks as I get 20% off retail pricing. I'll keep my eye out for ya though if I run across any.

-DallanC

I swear, I see them everytime I go to the store. Then I turn around, and they are GONE!! I'll keep my eye out for you and let you know.....

PS...I love mine!! Big Game Hunter comes out tommorrow for it!! WOO HOO!!

>Call Gamestop every morning and ask
>them if they got any
>that day. Then cruise down
>and pick it up!!

Tony...if they lasted 3 hours I'd try that, but they won't last! I'm gonna call YOU to cruise over to Gamestop and pick one up for me next time. LOL ;-)

Jenn

Or purchase them a wholesome toy.

Go for something non-computer and athletic.

Don't pay any attention to me, I can talk crap
'cause I aint got no kids.

But that makes it fun for me.

How old are we talking ???

lrv

how about you just buy them a gun. there way funner.lol

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

She did the gun thing for her son for last Christmas and the others 6,4 and 2 aren't quite big enough. Besides the Wii ain't just for the kids. I hear they have quite the bedroom game selection as well - I know why she REALLY wants it!

We have been looking down here too - could have went and got one last Sunday at 9AM, but decided not too.

I'll have De look too, but if she only finds one - we get it and you don't!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

It's not just for kids! Well.....it's for kids of all ages! My 8 year old grandson can strike me out everytime in the baseball game. And then laugh about it! GGGRRRR! And they're way too quick for me in tennis.

Eel

Hey Jenn,

I went through the Wii hell last year waiting in lines, going to stores at 5:30am, calling Gamestop everyday. I finally gave up on it for Christmas and bought the kids an XBox 360 Pro edition. The Xbox 360 is the most powerful gaming box on the market with the widest selection of games to play. The pro edition allows you to go on line and play with gamers around the world. As well, the Pro edition comes with more memory and demo games.

We finally found a Wii for my youngest son's birthday in July. The sport edition to the game is pretty cool, especially bowling. We all played with it for about a month and now it is seldomly used. The problem with the Wii is simply a shortage of available games and limited availability for the box itself.

I don't know if you have a Target in your area, but they also carry the Wii. I have seen them in stores, (now that I have one) and if I see one I will put a deposit on it and let you contact the store. Once it's paid, I'll ship it to you via Fedex.

Fingers crossed Freddie!

Jenn, a wii is the LAST thing you need!
I can just see you now throwing that thing around in your house...i sure hope you have a back up place for those cute little kids to live when you end up in the funny farm in east provo for a psych evaluation and the 12 step program!! :p

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Wow! Thanks, FTW. If you see the $249.00 one that's the one I'm wanting. Nothing more expensive than that. We've got a Wal-Mart and a Gamestop here (I did not know we had a Gamestop until just a while ago)...30 miles away, but I can still play the stakeout game at those places until I give up completely. I don't know how dedicated I really am to getting one if it requires waiting in lines for hours though. I'm not THAT much of a super shopper and I refuse to do those door crasher/Black Friday sales.

Doug...you're probably right...it's the last thing I need. And if there is fighting over the wii and if it drives me crazy...It will be thrown around the living room and I just MAY be shipped off to Charter. lol

I've got a neighbor that has been stock piling these things since last Christmas. I think he still has about 10 of them that he was planning on selling on ebay or KSL. I will ask him if he still has any or if he has already put them up for sale. I'm sure that he would be asking more than the retail stores but I'm not sure what he wants for them; I will find out.

> I'm
>sure that he would be
>asking more than the retail
>stores but I'm not sure
>what he wants for them;
>I will find out.

K...lemme know. I appreciate it. PM me or email me at [email protected].

Jenn

I'm glad woodruff & Lrv fessed up 1st. I was thinking, why would jenn be looking for a nintendo wii, sounds like some kinda oriental sex toy.

RUS

Not that it matters, but I have NO idea what you people are talking about.....I think that may be a good thing!

>
>Isn't he the hot dog eating
>guy? didn't know he had
>a side-business.
>
Common Japanese name..common. lol

He's a hot dog eater. You don't want to know what his side business is Andy!!

If you want a 360, let me know. I have 2 complete systems that I will sell to you for $250.......

I got mine at sears...didn't even know they had them. i was in there looking at something else, and there it was sitting on the shelf. the dude said nobody buys them ever at sears and they always have them...just a thought.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom