Fox reports: surge is working. . . But why?

T

TFinalshot

It is official, just watched the story on FOX news, the new plan for Iraq is working. But as I suspected, it's not because there are more men and women fighting in Bahgdad, but because the troops left the area! It is true. 90% of the British troops pulled out and guess what, the death toll went down 90% - huh? thats right, the story concludes by saying that the British were being targeted, huh, huh, huh? What's the enemy was targeting the enemy - wow, that's news.

Yep, but also the death toll for the Iraq forces is the same, they still are being killed at the same rates as before the surge, but overall the number of dead went down the same percentage as the number of British that also left why, because the targets left - GO FIGURE!

I say this, it is obvious that if you leave, you wont get killed, does that mean the surge is working or does that men there are fewer targets? Or both. . . ?

Wow, I cant believe it took 5 years of killing to come to the conclusion that if you leave, the killing will stop. . . HUM. . .Still cant see how that means the surge is working, do you?

I'm sure the story will air again. I cant find it on the AP, but if anyone does, please post the story.

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-07 AT 01:13PM (MST)[p]

Not really I just cant imagine that anyone would air a story that concludes that the killing will go down if you leave. Whats more interesting is that the death's wend down the same rate as the number of troops that left - I think it is astonishing that the surge is working because troops are leaving - who would have thunk?

I dont have to tell you semin that if its on FOX, it must be true. . .

Are You Honest?

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in Florida , Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions.

You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive furor.

THE TEST:

Suddenly you see a woman in the water. She is fighting for her life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer.

Somehow the woman looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's Hillary Clinton!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take her under forever.

You have two options:

You can save the life of Hillary Clinton, or - - - you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful and brilliant women.

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer....

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

JB

That's a toss up. Probably black and white as to hide her blemishes. I would also use my old camera for obvious reasons.

Ransom

Ok, the surge thing is simple. did the extra troops kill all the insurgents or not? no there were not large numbers of insugents killed so we move to question number two, did the insurgents change their ways, find Jesus, get a job at walmart, or leave the country and settle down in a peaceful little town? are you really sure radicals in the middle east go away that easy? they're crazy but not stupid, when the time is right they'll be ready to go, the military is expecting it.

Ransom, lots more than have been killed. Gen. Hertling says al-Qaida cells are in all northern Iraq towns. most driven to the north because of the US troop surge, not killed, moved. I'm sure they'll give up soon, forgive and forget is their way you know.

no, they will not give up until you kill them. what we have to do is turn more of the sunnis against them like they did in several areas. The sunnis know who among them are al-qaida agents and would be more able to kill them then our troops would who can not tell one from another.
That is the main reason Al-Qaida made those Sunni leaders a priorty target after the sunni leaders turned against them. the leaders of Al-Qaida know very well that if they loose the support of the Iraqi people, they are dead and gone and will have to look over their shoulder every step they take.
This is how the British beat the commies in Mayala in the 50's-60's while we failed in Viet-Nam. they used their special forces to win the people over and gain enought support and intelligence to beat the commies at their own game. the same game Al-Qaida is playing today in the middle east.

RELH

Yes we should turn the Sunni against them. somebody like the last Sunni we helped gain power in Iraq to control the Shiite, you may remember him, his name was Saddam Hussien. that worked well didn't it? then we can help the Shiite gain power, then the Sunni, then the Shiite. the middle east is always going to be in turmoil, it's like a dog chasing his tail, except a dog learns he can't catch it, we're not that smart.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-07 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p] "t you sure spin."

Not really I'm reporting a story that was on Fox news and asking the question how come the surge is working, or is the surge really working or maybe we should have called the story, "cut=n-runners-reduce deaths in Iraq."

I really am turning this story over to guys like you gila who really know the truth about what's going on over there. Now, show us how I'm spinning, or better, show us how Fox is spinning. This is a case of the story got out before fox had a chance to spin it - dont you think?

come on gila, you seem to know the truth, tell us now how both fox and I are spinning this. . .

Cant wait to read your answer. . .

Actually it's "FAUX News " , the info-tainment leader. the only redeeming factor to their slant head jibberish is all the Playboy bunny reporters. you gotta like that, it's like they're brodcasting from Heff's pad.

I gotta go.

T, here is a blurb from the WSJ. An op-ed from Joe Lieberman who was just over there. Some of you may accuse him of a republican shill, but he very well may be the only pol who stands up for his convictions. Its not long and may explain some of why the surge could be, in fact, working. Pretty interesting read actually.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010212

"On Haifa Street, for instance, where there was bloody fighting not so long ago, the 2nd "Black Jack" Brigade of our First Cavalry Division, under the command of a typically impressive American colonel, Bryan Roberts, has not only retaken the neighborhood from insurgents, but is working with the local population to revamp the electrical grid and sewer system, renovate schools and clinics, and create an "economic safe zone" where businesses can reopen. Indeed, of the brigade's five "lines of operations," only one is strictly military. That Iraq reality makes pure fiction of the argument heard in Washington that the surge will fail because it is only "military."

That's great! I'm glad some believe we are "winning" at least part of this battle. I know you understand that even if we "won" every inch of every military movement over there we would only have won 20% of the battle and the war would still go on. Until their are political solutions to the problems there, the killing is not so easy to accept. . .

Thanks for the post.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom