Found in the desert...

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Took a little ride today and found something that clearly belongs to someone else. Must have fallen off their pickup after doing a little plinking. Now I am in a quandary over what to do. Normally if I found something that belonged to others I would do everything in my power to get it back to them (as taught to me by the ethics police right here on MM). If it were something as valuable as a spotting scope, phone, gun or something there would be no question. But what I found today is SO valuable I am having trouble deciding. Currently it is very difficult to even obtain this item and in the near future it will likely become priceless. Ethically I should run an ad in the paper, or on the radio, put up posters all over town but I am afraid greed has ahold of me and I may just keep it.

What would you do????? Here it is "as it lay".

2835lost22.jpg

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

Ya!

Well!

I lost them the other day!

Thanks for finding them for me!

I know exactly how may Live Rounds are left of the 525 Round Box!

So don't try keeping any of them!

Please box them up & send them Priority or OVER NIGHT ASAP to:

bobcatbess
Altamont,TARDville!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

No....sorry....those are "expendables". You can keep them.

Just like if you found a six pack on the trail that someone failed to properly secure.

Backpacks, binos, chairs, etc is something else.

Beer and bullets are "bonus" things you get for being observant.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Keep em. There will be some miserable wrist slitting crotchety bastards argue with you, but their opinion don't matter as does their life. Enjoy!

They look deformed, I would test about 524 to get an accurate percentage of failures before returning them to the rightful owner...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-13 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]>They look deformed, I would test
>about 524 to get an
>accurate percentage of failures before
>returning them to the rightful
>owner...
>
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

That's funnier then what I posted

They are actually only worth about $25.

Do they have a Serial Number on them? If not, I'd say tis the child-hood rule of "Finders Keepers Losers Weapers."

Shoot them and don't feel guilty.
John 14:6

Ok, that brings up a good point, maybe I've been living under a rock or something but I wanted to take my kid out plinking, noticed my .22 stash was running low, went to buy some and OH MY GOSH, $90 for brick of .22LR? Has the world gone crazy? Tell me it isn't so! I checked a few sites, ridiculous prices and all "out of stock"....didn't a brick used to cost like 20-30 bucks????
Let me know what is going on here......

No!

A Brick didn't used to be 20.00-30.00!

Back in the Day 9.00-10.00 a Brick for the Cheaper 22 Ammo!

We all Had Big Clips/Magazines for Our RUGERS!

And the Big Magazines didn't Feed Well on the CHEAP Ammo!

So We'd Usually Spend 12.00-14.00 per Brick and get the Better Ammo that wouldn't Jam!

All in All it's a GAWD-DAMNED JOKE!

I mostly Blame JOKERS Willing to pay the Online/GUNBROKER Prices!

I think if They/Obama come for Our Guns they'll find out the West is Armed way better than ever!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Its considered liter right so keep them. if I seen someone drop them then heck ya return it.

Its like if you found $20 bucks on the ground you going to leave that. Next guy will just pick it up and keep it.

Enjoy the shells. One other thing that i may not go too far out of my way to find the Owner is a pocket knife. I've found 5-6 pocket or skinning knives thru the years, mostly by gut piles I figure that the owner knew where he lost it but it wasn't worth it to him to go back in there to get it. People lose and also leave all kinds of stuff to make room for their haul out.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Ok, so anyone know any places that still have their sanity and are selling .22lr ammo at normal or close to normal prices...and have it in stock!
I just can't/won't pay 90-140 bucks for a brick of freakin .22 ammo....
makes me think a buddy of mine said he had a brick somewhere...he doesn't really shoot...might have to make a friendly visit with some cold beer...(and some elk jerky)!!!!!

It makes me so happy that I have more 22 shells than a whole chain of sporting goods stores!!!!
It's called; looking forward guys!
Zeke

oh, you should just enjoy the ammo. Someone obviously left them there because they no longer wanted them.

Years ago we were out spotlighting jacks and came upon a jeep that was in the middle of nowhere. The top was off and the jeep was full of guns and ammo. It was obvious that they were doing exactly what we were and had broken down (it was a jeep! need I say more? haha).
We looked around for the guys but they must have walked out of the country already. Upon examination we "accidently" found a cooler full of cold beers that no one was using! We took some beer but left all the guns and ammo.
I'd driven down the dirt road about a hundred yards and suddenly felt guilty so I returned and left a note in the cooler and simply said we borrowed some beer but they could collect it from me in the future if they wanted. I left my name address and phone number and never heard from them again. I guess they were just happy we didn't take any guns!

Not really the same thing as yours but I felt like sharing an old story.

again,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom