Fort Peck Water Level

E

Edpre

Heading out to hunt the breaks in September, as long as we draw... Was there two years ago with old treetrunks sticking just out of the water made boating across interesting in the dark - also most launches were closed. I heard that water is significantly higher and most launches open and useable. Is that correct?
Also, I'd have to imagine that the cottonwoods that were growing along most of the shore are now in water- would they be wreaking havoc on props now, or are they stickin out and easy to see?
The water level approaching the UL Bend was too low to run without a jet, so it kept us limited with reg outboard. Is that passable now?

Thanks for the info!

edpre

http://fortpeck.uslakes.info/Level.asp

I believe that they are talking that Crooked Creek would be usable at 2225.

It is up 15.2 feet since Sept. 2008 and 22.3 feet since Sept. 2007.

Even with increased lake levels it can still be dicey at the UL Bend.

Trees have not been a huge problem.

I will take some pics from the Walleye egg take up the big dry so show you how much the water has come up.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom