Ford vs. Chevy vs. Toyota vs. Dodge

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Locating a target audience for the intended question.
As I was coming off the mt. this evening, low gear was not sufficient to hold me back from needing to ride my brakes (automatic) & it got me wondering how long is it safe to ride your brakes till they might fail ?

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but as long as you're not going very fast, I'd think it'd be a safe for long enough to not need to worry about it.

Beefy!!!

SIMPLE ANSWER TO THAT ONE!!!

WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING OFF THE MOUNTAIN TRYING TO READ YOUR NEWEST ISSUE OF JUGGIES YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT UNTIL THE ROTORS MELT AND RUN OFF THE FRONT END!!!

AT THAT POINT YOU MIGHT WANT TO PUT THE MAGAZINE DOWN & START WORRYING!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-07 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]Were you on blacktop or dirt? If dirt, put it in 4 wheel. If it was, then was it 4 low? If it was, buy a new truck that works. LOL
And if you don't like my answer I will NUKE YOU like eelgrass said. LOL
Brian

With all the years that I twisted wrenches before I started plumbing, I always found that you can ride the brakes as long as they continue to work. At that point, you should find a run-a-way truck ramp, use it , stop the truck, and call the shop.

In my vast crash-and-burn experiance, brakes are highly over-rated.

Actually, they will porbly start giving warning that they are gett'n too hot by starting to fade 'an you will start smelling 'em if yer not going warp 3.
At that point most people should pull over 'an cool 'em down.

>Put it in 4 Low. If
>you had it in 4
>Low already then get a
>Toyota.

New Toyotas+bumpy dirt roads=so much frame flex the bed will rattle off......

Seriously though, it would take some serious inclines over a long period of time to cause you brakes to completely fail.

68hi7ls.gif

Brakes what are those? Also have good insurance and pray as you are going down crashing and burning....ha ha like said you will smell your brakes starting to overheat. Just hope they dont get hot and warp you rotars. I wouldnt know about it not being low enough geared always have low geared vehicles. Also you would be suprised how many people put it in 4lo and still keep it in higher highway gears transmission wise. ie drive or overdrive, or 4th or 5th on a standard. You didnt say if it was auto or standard... hope something i rambel on about to answer something in your question

JUDAS PRIEST!!!

Beefy DRIVES AN AUTOMATIC & HE ADMITTED IT!!!

READ!!!

TO DRIVE,HUNT & READ THE JUGGIES MAGAZINE ALL AT THE SAME TIME WOULD ALMOST BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR Beefy IF IT WAS A STANDARD!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

ha ha ha yeah i need to quit posting after an all night bender, i am not as sharp in the morning to catch that it was an auto, worried where this is gonna go, maybe i shouldnt ask

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom