? for you

D

duckslayer

I am sure there will be many interpretaions of this but I am interested in the responses. If you are driving on a public access road through private property(a CWMU)and see an animal, that is OFF the private property, can you shoot the animal?

Laws may vary from state to state, but my understanding is that private land generally goes to the center of the road if it is one side only, even if the land owner doesn't use it. If the land is owned on both sides, than once you leave the access (the road) you are trespassing. Access is to the road only. Perhaps in some areas the barrow pit/ditch may be considered public access too, but you would want to be sure. I'm not sure how the animal would be off the property and you still accessing across it. Shooting an animal on or within a certain distance of the road is generally illegal in most places as well. I'll be curious to see if it pans out differently from area to area.

No! You would be firing your
gun while in private.

I am not a land owner, but
put yourself in there shoes,
if someone did that on your
land, or CWMU.

If you are within the boundaries of a CWMU, you had better have a permit to hunt that CWMU. Even driving the road would make me nervous. You are not allowed to shoot from a roadway, which includes the entire road Right-of-way, so.........no, you can't shoot the animal.

Just shoot out the window while you drive by. You can return under the cover of darkness to see if you killed it. JK

Reality: I don't even like to be close to "boundries" because I don't want the frustrations that can happen.

Don't shoot! Too many headaches even if you're in the right.

Zeke

At the very least you better make darn sure you're out of the CWMU boundaries even if it is not part of the private lane. If there is any question, I'm sure the DWR will point out any errors after you whack the robo deer. :)
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom