? for TOPGUN

oilcan

Long Time Member
TOPGUN i know after submitting your app you can change your choice and can also pull your app before a certain date.My question is can you pull your app and re-apply?

I submittied for Elk last week, a buddy called today and he applied as a party with a friend and wanted to know if i wanted to join them.

They have more points then me which would increase my chances of drawing alot.

You seem to know alot about the Wyoming draw so i figured you might know.
Thnaks

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-12 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]

You can withdraw/modify your application for elk through the end of the business day on Feb 3 by going online and following the directions. I see nothing in the rules that say that you couldn't then reapply as one of a party by starting all over and checking the party box and putting in the number that your buddy has as the party leader and putting the same unit and type down that they did. You might even try to modify your application first to see if that works, although they only talk about changing your unit in the application booklet. I would try to do the modify way first and if that doesn't work I would call the F&G to see if you can do what you are asking since it's not in black and white in the book. The way the computer is set up I would think it would be allowed because it shouldn't let you make more than one application for that type and once you withdraw I would think you would get a refund on that first deal and you would start all over like you never applied. You would have to pay them again by credit card for the party app. and then wait for your refund from the withdrawn one. See what you can do as far as modifying the present one and if it won't let you do that call F&G and let us know on this thread. You've brought up a good question that I've never seen before, so I'm just making an educated guess.

Thanks TOPGUN good idea think i'll go ahead and withdraw and see if i can re-apply.With my points i probably wouldn't draw anyways so really no risk.

Just so everyone knows when i withdrew my application the Apply for Elk was re-activated and i was able to resubmit my application with the party.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-12 AT 07:09AM (MST)[p]Son of a gun, my guess was right, LOL! I just sort of figured that if they had a good programmer that it would either work under modify or starting over like you did. Glad it turned out that simple for you!!! Question for you---Did you have to pay again like I figured? If that's the case, I imagine you won't get a refund check for the withdrawn application until sometime in March after the draw is completed.

The problem doing it that way versus modifying your application is I believe you will be out your application fee until the refunds are sent out in late February. Not a big deal on elk, but it could be a long time for other species like deer or antelope.

Yep! I found this at the bottom of the page regarding this stuff:

"A $5.00 fee will be deducted from the license application refund. The refund will be issued upon completion of the drawing. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure Withdrawal Forms have been received by the License Draw Section by the applicable date on the chart on page 4."

That elk refund will probably be done in March and like you said, on deer and antelope it would probably not be until July after those draws are done in June. Even at that it's a great feature and they don't take much from you for allowing you to withdraw.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom