For The Waterfowlers

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
Snapped a few pics of our California birds the other day.
California holds world class waterfowling amongst the rice fields of the Sacramento valley.
Growing up as a kid, I used to live to hunt ducks.
It's been 25 years since I hunted ducks and geese, but they are still pretty darn neat creatures....

h-4.jpg

n.jpg

d-2.jpg

b-2.jpg

f.jpg

l2.jpg

o-1.jpg

j-1.jpg

3-25.jpg

0001-2.jpg

0002.jpg

0000001.jpg

010-3.jpg

+1,
always wanted to get a pintail but no deal so far.

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

pinny's are nice. I got one once wish I would have known what they look like and would have known that it should have gone on the wall. Shoot them up.

I grew up hunting Wister and Mendota. Tnx for spurring some old brain cells. Nothing prettier than a Sprig.

Nice pics. Thanks for shareing. What are the dark geese with the Snows? We don't get many Snows here. Seen a few the other day. Before that it has been 15 years since I seen fall winter Snows.
Rutnbuck

Great Pics!

We've done really well with the pinnies this year. 3 of the 5 days I've hunted we each limited(2). But I've yet to hit a green head...go figure?!

Thanks for sharing

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Spectacular photos Harry! Man, I love 'em!

rutnbuck, the dark geese are Whitefront (Specks). There are also some juvenile Snows mixed in.

Eel

We use to call those geese Marble Breast or White Fronts when i was a kid. I grew up in the Central Valley, and my first duck hunt was when i was sixteen and got to go with my dad on a duck club in the Wasco area. The season opened at noon then probably about 1962, and we shot 14- Bull Sprig in about 30-mins. I'll never forget it, great times with my Dad. I moved to Idaho 40-years ago,and have never regreted it.Those are awesome pictures,and i love those long tails,that you only get late in the year. I too use to hunt Mendota and Kern wildlife Refuge alot,and have many memories sleeping in my car,waiting in line . We use to call those Spoonies Jerusilam Mallards! Thanks again for the memories..

Great pictures Harry.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Harry....ditto on great photos. For those who grew up in the Sacto Valley there are only 2 kinds of ducks, bull sprig and others.....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Harry that's like waving a steak in front of the tiger's cage. Awesome pictures!

Well done Harry! Thanks for sharing your photos with us.
I loved them all but my favorites were the pix with the "bull" pins!
Zeke

having a record year here in Idaho. Went 3 days last week, killing lots of birds and cant wait for more of the water to freeze up, only gets better

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom