For the older dudes like me!

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-09 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]http://thefiftiesandsixties.com:80/CarsWeDrove.htm

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Must be for the old CRS codgers, because they can't remember where they put the page.
"Oops. Page not found"

Outdoor Writer that sure brought back some memories for this old guy - I imagine that most of those here on MM were not even born when the cars shown in the clip were new. I remember my 1957 chev convertable with the full race cam, 411 rear end and stick shift. Would love to have it now - I also remember going to the drag strips in Castle Rock and Cheyenne, Wyo - they are long gone. Besides the 57 Chev, I also had several other nice cars over the years, 37 Chev Cpe, 56 Chev 2DRHT. Person could retire with what they are worth now. Thanks for the post, it was great to relive some old days.

Wildsage

Wildsage,

My dad worked in a Ford assembly plant in NJ. He bought a new car every few years. I inherited a '56 Ford Victoria in 1959 when I was 17. At the time, it was red/white.

A year later, after a minor wreck, I had a body shop do all the perfuntory fad things at the time -- removal of the hood ornament and trunk logos, etc. Then I had them paint it with 14 coats of black lacquer and added those long rear fender skirts known as "cruiser skirts." Even had the customary fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror. :)

One of my buddies, Tony Agglione, owned an all-black '57 Chevy, and we often did the drag race bit on the streets.

Got married in 1961. We took $1,500 of the money we received and bought a used 1957 T-Bird (41K miles) with a 312 CI, an on-the-floor, 3-speed tranny and white, tuck-&-roll upholstery. It had both the hardtop with portholes and the soft convertible top. It was white, but I later had it painted Cadillac's Bahama blue.

We sold the T-Bird for $3,000 two years later after moving to AZ and used the money as a down-payment on our first house. Today, that car would be worth more than $150,0000 in good shape.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom