Football boards?

B

BreederBuck

I remember back in the day there were boards everywhere for a buck or 5 bucks whatever. Most all work places, bars, stores etc.
Why is that a dying tradition?
It's hard to find a good Super Bowl, or World Series board anymore.
I'm still not very computer savvy, but one of you puter hands otta build us one for the Super Bowl...........

We used to have those boards all over work a few years back. Then someone caught wind of it and turned us in for gambling. That kind of stuff is not taken lightly here in Utah. Needless to say, that was the end of that.

Breeder,

To bad you don't live in my neck of the woods, there are pools everywhere. In fact every year I put out a little to much and the ol lady gets on my....... It's funny you think I would learn, but man I love to play.

Slide

Those gambling boards are not looked at very good in any state except maybe NJ & NV where gambling is legal.
I use to run them years ago at work, started with $5 per Sq., then went to $10 per Sq. and the last time I did one before transfering to new job was $100 per square...$10,000 total pool.
All "paired" numbers got their money back (100bucks) and were still in the game.
1st quarter score winner= $1,000.00
2nd " " " = $1,000.00
3rd " " " = $1,000.00
Final Score...............$6,000.00

I passed my little black book on to two other guys there and they continued for a few more years till a lot of them wanted to enlarge the prize and buy in to $250.00 per square..so they quit.

Geothermal Steam Fields of No. Calif. where overtime was a everyday thing.

Brian

Slide, I'm with you. I just love to play, I will gamble on just about anything.

Wow Kilowatt, You boys are some high-rollers, 250 bucks a square could make for an exciting game.

I don't want to hijack my own post, but I could go off about gambling in Utah.
That's why we always spend SuperBowl Sunday in Wendover........

I was a square on a $100. board for a couple years that paid out every score change. ie, 6-0 paid on the touchdown, and 7-0 paid on the extra point. plus all the quarters, and finals. and a finals opposite.

that was a great party, we'd all get together at one of the local bars and spend the day hooting and hoolering! After the guy that did it died, his wife tried to keep it going but it ended up falling apart.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Its true....unlike most of ya'll utardians, I'm BETTING i DONT go to heaven! If you think about it, this isn't much of a gamble though.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

heck ya theres gambling all over utah! When you drive down I15. When you hunt public land. the list goes on and on.

Tag, what are the odds on your bet? 15 to 1 ? 100 to 1?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom