Food: Elko, NV & Grand Junction, CO

R

RUTTROE

When I go hunting I always stop at the Star in Nevada, but someone was telling me about a great steakhouse there. Have a friend traveling and staying in Elko, NV and Grand Junction, CO. I havn't been to Colorado, YET! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

When you get to grand jct try the strayhorn grill. It is in Loma at the salebarn. They have great food and even better staff!!!

I've never heard of the Strayhorn.

I've been in GJ for 11 years and don't know of a good steakhouse...I don't count Outback and Texas Roadhouse as good. I like a local place that have greasy-spoon flavor and hospitality.

There is a place that I've never been to, called WW Peppers, I think, on the airport exit (Horizon Drive), about 1/2 mile N of I-70. It is supposed to be good.

I like Famous Dave's at the mall for BBQ. There is another place that I like for BBQ....called? They have a store in Fruita and in Grand Junction...I have a brain-cramp on the name at the moment.

Smashburger makes a killer hamburger...but their fries stink.

John 14:6

Here that! Treed

The name u are looking for is RIB CITY good food. The strayhorn is a couple of years old they are at the west slope livestock auction site. You should get out their and try it

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-11 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]Stinky,

You should give the Strayhorn a try. IMHO the best place to get steak or prime rib. It's just west of Loma on HWY 6/50. Go for lunch on sale day so you can have a burger and smell the cow crap at the same time. No need to get bored during lunch, there are several large screeen TV's so you can watch the cows being shown.

CoCatCatcher, do you farm in the lower valley, maybe buy hayladge? I'm trying to figure out who you are.

Rib City was the other BBQ place that I was thinking of....close to the freeway in Fruita.

Here that! Treed
Bean man I ranch out loma way. Nothing like eating and watching the sale. It is a good atmosphere Friday nights. The owner (Cheryl Martin ) is a great lady funny and a great cook.
Bean man maybe we should have a mm get together their?

CoCat,

That sounds like it would be fun. There are a surprisingly large number of MM people in the Grand Valley.
Perhaps in March? I'm gone for most of the rest of February, here and there.

The Ale House and the Rockslide Brew Pub is two of our favorites leaning more toward the Ale House. If Pizza is what ya want there is an Italian pizza place down town main street that has incredible made to order pizza. There is also a small, kinda up scaled Italian Resturant in a little mall down on Main St GJ which has a great atmosphere and food to match.

For a brewpub the Kannah Creek Brewery has teh best beer, no doubt about it. The italian food is pretty good too>

Welllll, we went to Rib City for lunch today, it was pretty decent, I had an Angus burger. I hadn't been there in awhile. Several of the kids had ribs.

My boy was...I wanna go to Genghis....I wanna go to Genghis...I wanna go to Genghis...I wanna go to Genghis.

Genghis is a Mongolian BBQ, and it is pretty good....it is in the same parking lot as Sportman's Whorehouse (warehouse) and in many ways I like it better than Cabela's. They give you a bowl, they have a buffet type salad bar thing of veggies, shrimp, fish, chicken, pork, beef....you take it to the cook and he cooks it on a big flat metal grill. I have a friend, and when he goes there, he gets nothing but meat in his bowl. Then they give you some rice or noodles to go w/it, pretty good stuff.

One of our big bosses from Denver....the last time he came over here, he wanted directions to the Rock Pile. The time before that, he went there and he had a good steak and wanted to go back. I've never been in the place. But, Tailchaser jogged my memory about him getting a good steak from the place and wanting to go back.

I'm in on the get-together.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom