Flying declare ammo?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
Everything I read for TSA and airline I am using (United) says you do not have declare ammo. I have had a problem flying out in the past - long story short I would rather not declare it if I do not have to. I am mailing my guns, but not ammo.

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-14 AT 10:09PM (MST)[p]It seems when i flew to Africa the ammo had to be in a carboard box like factory ammo comes in. Sportsman warehouse carries a little survival box (blaze orange)that fits a box or two of ammo perfect. If there is a need put in some soft foam to keep the ammo box tight.Lock that survival box with a TSA approved lock and put it in your checked bag. They will search your bag when they x ray it but you shouldn't have any problems. Just follow their rules.

Shouldnt need to declare ammo. With that said though...the airline agents that check you in are usually clueless about firearms and ammo (especially if its an airport that doesnt see alot of hunters), so you might get a different answer depending on the person you get that day! I've been through so many scenarios, I just plan to get there early to deal with any hassles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom