Fly Fishing

Aceman

I went to Cabelas and American Sportsman yesterday looking for some fly fishing equipment. I found that American Sportsman has a much better selection of flies and a lot cheaper (.99 cents a dozen) and their selection of fly boxes were much better. Sometimes when shopping for outdoor equipment I fail to check out American Sportsman thinking Cabela is better due to being a larger chain. Wrong.

If you found decent tied flies for $.99 a dozen, you should have really stocked up. A buck a pop is about the cheapest i see around here and $2. a go is not out of line. :)

Sadly for me, either store is well over 100 miles away and i don't get there very often.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage, I went to Junction to get some grasshopper patterns and found the flys on sale at Sportsman, did stock up - was surprised as they are around $2.00 a pop here in town. Starting to see some good bucks around the area - bow season opened last weekend, haven't heard any results but there is a nice non typical hanging around town - we seem to have more deer in town each year. I moved here 25+ years ago and almost never saw deer in town, now they are everywhere and most never leave - believe a lot of inbreeding as most are not as healthy looking as those up on the mountain,

Ace, lol, a good hopper pattern is almost as deadly as dynamite.lol. We get a lot of hoppers around here to the point of not sticking your arm on the window ledge while driving and having to clean our windshields more than often. The trout here gorge on them, fun to fish because they are so visible, about the best summer pattern i have found.

Increasing numbers of town deer. I thinks it's happening in lots of places. Often i can take a long ride out where once were a lot of deer to not see any, only to see more than several as i get back into the little towns near where i hunt.

I think it's a combo of the various foods available to them and the security they feel when not that many predators, including hunters, follow them right down into town. Good luck with your seasons!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I dont think I could tie most of my patterns for .99 . I have in the past bought flies from online places and a few stores. It usually falls into a , " you get what you paid for" deal with Flies. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom