Florida Mountains Ibex

A

ADDICT

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-13 AT 11:26PM (MST)[p]I hit this monster ibex on the opener last tuesday. We trailed him for a day and a huge storm blew through and we lost his blood trail. The arrow broke his front left shoulder and appeared to penetrate one lung.

I am headed back tomorrow until the 15th. Here is the video of the first week:

VIDEO LINK:
https://vimeo.com/57037462

Some live pics of the best billie Ive ever seen! We were able to watch him for a few days before the opener.

kong_5.jpg

kong_6.jpg

kong_1.jpg

kong_2.jpg

kong_3.jpg

"You skin grizz?"

Wish I was Closer!

I'd be helping in the Search!

Hope Like Hell you Recover him!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

From everything I've read, it is hella tough to get in bow range on Ibex, especially a monster like that! Congrats on doing so, but I'm sorry to hear the shot wasn't ideal. Hope you recover that animal!

Best of Luck,
Jeff (MM Sponsor)
http://www.elkmtngear.com

Well I hope you find him, but after watching the video, I am not sure he will be dead anytime soon. There was blood, but never saw anything that indicated a lethal hit. No lung blood etc. I understand the video is edited etc. But after letting him lay over night he was still able to jump up run up hill and out of sight. Unless he gets an infection he might just make it. We have all seen animals survive some crazy crap.

Good luck on the search. NM is releasing over 100 tags this spring to cull female and young ibex. The concern is carrying capacity of the habitat. From what you saw on your hunt, did you see signs of ibex overcrowding? I assume would be some skinny animals and not much food source this time of year if too many critters.

That is a Giant billy, hope you find him. Killer video you took there. I am headed down for the next hunt on the 16th.

NMBIGHORN

Just watched the video for the second time. Great Job... an awesome, creative video. Hunt of a lifetime. Keep up the search. Hopefully the buzzards will help you find him if he is indeed down for the count. Keep us updated.

I've hunted on the south and west side of the mountain. I haven't seen your billy but I will keep and eye out. I have a couple more days.

Good luck finding him.

wow, that is a sweet video. I cant believe he made it thru the night. And then the snow to cover his trail, Heartbreaking. I hope you get him man, that is an awesome animal.

I really appreciate you all for your support and kind words. Ive never wanted an animal so bad. We have not found him nor any additional sign i.e.. crows, coyotes, magpies etc. Ive been back into his drainage every other day this week to hopefully pick up anything.

The hunt ends Tues. I pray someone finds him during the next archery or muzzleloader hunt. I would/will do anything to get my hands on that monarch--

"You skin grizz?"

May the hunting Gods be with you. I sure hope you find him.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Still Hoping You Find him!

Best of Luck!

Hunt is officially over. We never found him. Deep down I believe he's frozen on a north face in the cliffs or a cave or something. Ill post the video of the last week ASAP.

Please keep your eyes/ears open if anyone finds a dead head out there. Hes got a broadhead and 6-12" of arrow in his shoulder. Also after viewing hundreds of the these billies I realized just how unique his horns were.

Thanks again for all of the kind words and support!

"You skin grizz?"

Awesome video ADDICT! Keep us posted.

pm sent

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Hopefully one of the other Up-Coming Hunters will find him & look you up!

I don't feel bad for me anymore, I wounded a 210" mule deer this year and never found him dead. I looked for 10 days all day long, following crows and magpies all over the mountain. I found him alive 3 days after 4th season closed, thank God! What you must be going though is terrible. I wish I could come help you look!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom